• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dumping Deuce

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very good... you will love it. I get a lot of use out of mine. Let's see some more pics!

How did you do the hinges and the pump?

mrgerke81

Here is a pic of the pump unit. I purchased the kit from Northern Tool. It came with all the hinges, dump mechanism, and pump. I am going to pull 12 volts off of one battery. I am also installing a battery equalizer to balance out the two.

Attachments

56FordGuy

Really nice job. Gives me ideas.

I'd love to know what the part number on the hydraulic motor is. I work on electric forklifts, and that motor looks very, very similar to the 24 volt motors that are used on some electric pallet jacks. I think it may be possible to 'bolt in' a 24 volt motor, but I'd need the model number to be sure.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great. I mounted a spare deuce bed on a farm wagon, but use the tractor hydraulics to power it. You have to be careful with them, and always be on level ground, when you raise the bed.

Lee in Alaska

BobM

ranchhopper said:
You can take care of the noise from the bed hopping up and down on the frame while going down the road by cutting four inch squares of conveyer belt and fastening them to the frame.Gravel pits usually have rolls of old conveyer belt on hand and will usually have no problem letting a guy have some.
If you have a Tractor Supply (or similar) store near you, they can also get you rubber belt material to put on your framerails.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as noise, I don't notice any more noise than usual driving on-road. If I'm off-road, the bed creaks and groans pretty good. Don't have a locking pin for when the bed it down. The bed does have down-pressure, and hydraulic pressure keeps it down.

Dennis

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got any pics if the back end where the hinges are? I've installed alot of dumps on trucks but I never have on a deuce and I want one.

What is the weight rating for your hoist? I know you said 10 tons but it looks a little light for a 10 ton hoist.

Looks like you may have it mounted a little too far back on the frame. Look at the pics 5tonpuller posted. The hoist is mounted about right to keep from overloading the front of the bed. I've looked at these beds and they are a little light for a dump bed unless you don't load it very heavy or beef up the bed. When I get around to mouting mine I'm going to box the main bed channel so I won't have to worry about it bending under load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks