• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dumpster diving find of the day!

Croatan_Kid

Ok...so it wasn't exactly a dumpster, it was a trashcan. Either way somebody was gunna throw this thing away. I was out in our welding shop at work with a customer and happened to notice it laying right on top of one of the trashcans near the chop saw. As I'm sure you can imagine, it was like Christmas morning for me even if it is missing the extra bracket that goes with it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dumptsters are one of our best supply sources. We have a detail to check them at our local recycling point. We have found complete tents, deuce siderails and troop seats, tires and nearly anything you can imagine. All headed to the dump. Life is good for someone who is not afraid to "take a dive" into a dumptster!!

AJMBLAZER

NO CHIT! NOICE!

Why...would someone want to throw one of those away? I bet even without the bolts and the other brace components you could sell that for $75 easy.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We live in a throwaway society. Most of us Americans, when we don't have a use for something, regardless of whether its new or used, in the trash it goes. It amazes me that we live in a declining economy, but still throw things away like good stuff grows on trees. We will be mining our own dumps in 50 years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks