• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DuraVee 10K service

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did the 10K service (since build) on the DuraVee, all fluids and filters but for the Allison just got a spin on filter change.
One thing I did was replace the lower oil pan (sump), when the donor truck rolled several times the Duramax engine pulled completely free of its mounts and that sump (among other things) took a beating and was leaking.
Well any time you pull an oil pan it is sorta a crap shoot what you will find, I of course have no history on this engine other that the truck showed over 300K on the odometer, but it looked to have been built and sported a Fleece Cheetah turbo, a Fleece updated CP3K pump and S&S SAC30 injectors so I would assume there was some internal work but have no proof.
Well it was clean as a whistle, zero mud in the pan and not a spec on the pickup screen so I feel pretty good about this engine!
I also replaced the "tower" style relays I used for "run" "accessory" and "24V accessory" when I built the DuraVee, I thought they looked better than the plain old solenoid style.
But they turned out to be unreliable so I changed them to the other style.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks