• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dyeing a dash pad?

iacucv

I mistakenly ordered a red dash pad from LMC. Has anyone dyed one to match the seats of a m1009? Other options in the bag of tricks are to dye the dash pad and door panels black, and add seat covers.

cucvrus

It all paints the same. You need to cover the red with the Bronze colored SEM paint. I have a few cans of the correct color in my garage. If someone else don't chime in I will look at them and post the information. It will cover any color.

iacucv

Perfect. Thank you cucvrus and antenna climber. Got your replacement gp card in today antenna climber, the ac60gs seem to be liking life much better with the jumper 2 mod. Somewhat embarrassed to ask and will not start a new thread, done a lot of searching.... Where the heck is the horn at? I've searched the truck, and am believing it has been removed....

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought a dash cover from JC Whitney for about $100 for a M1009, good quality, and good fit. Just trim the cracks in the old one and glue the new one to the original. I have also used dye obtained from the local auto paint store with good results for another M1009 we restored several years ago.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks