• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dyno Proven Gains

rodent

Came across this older FourWheeler article today. Kind of interesting to see the HP and torque gain from some mods to the 6.2. I was thinking of adding a single exhaust with 3.5-4" dia. to see if it helps with my NA power along with turning up the pump. Interesting to see the additive makes a difference.

Anyone ever put theirs on a dyno with some basic mods to see any gains?

http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-vehicles/chevrolet-blazer-diesel-banks-sidewinder-turbo-kit/

rsh4364

Thanks, informative, not sure if I believe the power increase with the fuel additive. The dyno test I want to see is a 6.2 with stock exhaust vs a 6.2 with Stan's headers!

rodent

Thanks, informative, not sure if I believe the power increase with the fuel additive. The dyno test I want to see is a 6.2 with stock exhaust vs a 6.2 with Stan's headers!
Yeah the headers would be nice to see. I bet it similar in power to a standard 350 sbc which is usually around 15whp and 25 rwtq. As for the additive I really think it works. Look at this thread here:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=81296

I'm tempted to add a single large dia. exhaust while I'm NA. Then if I ever go turbo, I have the exhaust to support it.

Anyone else have other ideas to get more power out of these engines without having to into the internals?

57 napco

In 95 my dad had a 82 6.2l blazer that we had just put a rebuilt engine in. After it was broke in we installed at set of stand headers, dual 2.5in exhaust with balance pipe and dynomax super turbos. It had a hummer intake manifold and a larger air filter opening. Stock with just the hummer intake it did 0-60 In 17s. After the exhaust and air filter mod it would do it in 12.5s and sounded great. Years later I still have the headers and am thinking about putting them on my M1009. The blazer had 3.73, 700R4 and 30in rubber.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks