• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dyno results

kenz5380

I brought my M1008 to the emissions testing place here in Denver and after the truck passed (on the first try!) I asked the guy if the Dyno also read HP and torque. He said it did read peak numbers, but not the whole curve.
So I asked if he would run my truck again just to get some new numbers, he did without question. Nice Guy!
My peak HP was 115 and torque was 333

I was a little disappointed in the HP number until I started thinking about being at over 5000 feet of elevation and how that probably is killing my HP potential. I was very impressed with the torque number as it is over what the truck is rated at.

I don't have any major modifications on the truck, but this makes me hopeful that when I do get around to adding a turbo and whatnot that I will be able to make some respectable power numbers. I was also very pleased that the truck has maintained its power output and is relatively healthy after 26 years and 60,000 miles.

Just thought it was some interesting stuff that you all might like to hear about.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's not bad at all for what it is. Bring the elevation down and I'd bet you'd see another 10-15hp.

I'll not tell you what my dodge cummins lays down. :twisted:

mudguppy

if he didn't put a tach on the engine to monitor rpm then the torque result is simply gearing and not representative of engine output.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ooops, I didn't pick up on that. Every dyno run I've made with the dodge had a optical sensor attached to the front of the engine for tach. You're right though, with that high of a torque reading, it's not indicative of actual engine torque output.

Anubis8472

I wouldn't trust it to be accurate at all.

HP cannot be "measured" on a dyno.

The dyno "measures" torque and uses that measurement to calculate HP.

So if he couldn't get an accurate torque measurement, then the HP number couldn't be any more accurate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks