• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

E-Bay Wiring Harness

ems4ty

How about a rear wiring harness for a 1953 Reo Gasser M35 (G2742)? Looking for a good source for the Rear Harness. Was told a while back that a 5 ton Rear Harness is a couple of feet longer, not a big deal for me, but have no real leads on where to get one. Saturn said that they don't have one, and Antelope couldn't help out either. I think I asked Memphis once, but can't remember. I've already converted over to the rubber connectors... Any leads would be great!

PS, the smoke from the Fires in Orange County is terrible! Been choking on it at my place in Lake Forest for 2 solid days now... Hope they get control over this soon....

Cya,

Barrman

I called Saturn back in the fall and asked if they had any rear harness for a M35 no matter what year. They guy laughed at me on the phone. He said they haven't had a front or rear M35 wiring harness in years.

I used the harness already mentioned in this thread for the front and a M818 rear from Frontline for the rear. The truck is almost done now and all lights work with new wires everywhere.

steelandcanvas

Barrman said:
Since this thread is alive again.

I bought one of the ones KCGonzo sells on E-bay for $75. it is just the front harness, meant for the old non solid state blinker system and a generator.

He lists it as a "complete" harness for a M35 A2. Is this not true?

mhb285

mhb285 said:
What about NSN 2590-00-150-5768, part #10896678 for the rear harness for the M35a2 MF as per Satern Surplus Web site?
I "googled" it thia AM. its for a M36 or a M46a1... A little longer than I need. Maybe I can trim it down for my needs....

Barrman

The KCGOnzo "complete" harness is a front harness for a M35. It is meant for the old non solid state blinkers and 25 amp generator and flame heater on the intake of the diesel.

It is not a complete harness, not for a gasser and not for any truck equiped with solid state blinkers. Unless, you plan to "make" it work like I did.

TaylorTradingCo

wiring harnesses available

I have a few front and rear take-off wiring harnesses from some M35A2 trucks that we parted out and cut up. $75 for the front, $50 for the rear. I will be at the GAMVPA next weekend and can bring them. I will be out of town until Monday.

Derek Taylor
423-255-6509

Barrman

The solid state blinker "flasher" unit is a little black box on the drivers inner fender on the M35. It has a little 3 pin connector with one of the wires going immediately to a ground at the flasher mount.

I have never seen a picture of a M35 with the old Spartan contact type flasher distirbution box, so I don't know where it mounted. The regulartor for the old generator instead of alternator trucks was mounted on the firewall above and a little toward the engine from the steering column on the engine side of the firewall. You can see the for captured nuts in all the fire walls to mount it in a square pattern about 6" apart.

Jimma

I just got a new rear wiring harness for one of my m35a2's and just want to make sure it is compatible. Its part number 10896676. Length is not a big issue the truck has been bobbed.