• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

E Brake Feels Locked & Then Breaks Free to Engage

buhdontcare

Hey guys, Newb here again. So I just got my vee & this thing is friggin awesome!!

I've noticed that when going to engage the E brake, it feels completed locked in place until really pulling...then it kinda "breaks" free & then is freely able to be engaged. Maybe just the position of my wheel when attempting to apply the brake? I'm still skittish b/c I have no experience & want to make sure I'm being safe.

jeffy777

I am not reading this well. You can easily adjust your parking break. Maybe that is it. Most of these HMMWV's have been sitting for year(s). Lube the connection and cable point everywhere. I have grown to like http://www.kanolabs.com/ Kroil. Do maintenance on the HMMWV ASAP. Things will break. Congratulations! :)

papakb

The driveline Ebrake sucks to put it mildly. They will barely hold the vehicle stationary on flat ground and they're worthless on anything above 10 degrees. If you tighten them so they hold on a hill they will drag on the driveshaft rotor and warp it. I strongly suggest investing in 2 things. The Wildwood dual pull calipers for the rear where the Ebrake is a part of the calipers and the latching Ebrake lever. Until you do this upgrade always CHOCK YOUR WHEELS! I used to knock my brake off whenever I turned around in the drivers seat and if your anywhere near kids you want the latching handle for safety's sake.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks