• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

E-Brake (parking) Operation and Adjustment

brianp454

I like the power bleeder thread, but decided to start a new one on the parking brake (e-brake).
One of my buddies seems to be having trouble with his e-brake, saying that it seems the cable is frozen and the e-brake doesn’t work effectively. So, I took pictures of mine in the engaged and disengaged position to document how it should be working. The arm that actuates the shoes did not move a great deal, but the friction materials are definitely hitting the drum. Hope this helps!

The e-brake disengaged (view of lever in the cab, rear view and view looking up at the arm and cable end):

130520 M35A2C Ebrake Disengaged 1.jpg130520 M35A2C Ebrake Disengaged 2.jpg130520 M35A2C Ebrake Disengaged 3.jpg

The e-brake engaged (view of lever in the cab, rear view and view looking up at the arm and cable end):

130520 M35A2C Ebrake Engaged 3.jpg130520 M35A2C Ebrake Engaged 1.jpg130520 M35A2C Ebrake Engaged 2.jpg

Someday in the near future, I plan to pressure wash this whole setup, clean it with brake cleaner, grease all of the fittings, and adjust it. Not sure exactly how just yet...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks