• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

E85 as alternate fuel?

maxspeed3

Has anyone burned a mixture of E85 and diesel in their deuce? Im not looking for more power just as a cheaper fuel source since I dont have a centrifuge to filter out wmo. E85 is a great tool to absorb water but my only concern is it eating at the fuel lines. Can a mixture be ran safely? Say 5-10 gallons as an example.

Beyond Biodiesel

Has anyone burned a mixture of E85 and diesel in their deuce? Im not looking for more power just as a cheaper fuel source since I dont have a centrifuge to filter out wmo. E85 is a great tool to absorb water but my only concern is it eating at the fuel lines. Can a mixture be ran safely? Say 5-10 gallons as an example.
e85 is about 51-85% ethanol. That high a concentration of ethanol in fuel can corrode aluminum parts, and some elastomers. Old vehicles built before 1996 generally are not alcohol friendly, so that the concentration of alcohol in the fuel blend has to be brought down to below 3%. This translates into regular unleaded gasoline blended at or below 30% with any waste oil. Therefore e85 in a diesel fuel blend would have to be below 5%.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks