• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Early Deuce types

landfillman

Im still learning all the Duece types and found out a few of the older ones like my neigbor had. MY neigbor before he passed away had an early deuce with an auger bed o nthe back. It looked like a 211 it had duels on the rear axles and a 4 speed trans mission in it. He had another that had singles on it all the way around with a troop bed with a floor shift auto.

He told me they had trouble with the autos when they used them in his business and converted them to manual transmission. WHen he passed away his crackhead sone scrapped them without selling them to anyone. THe scrapper asked an ungodly price for them then scrapped them.

Teres a collector near ere that has a few modern dueces but also several older ones. One is an ambulance and Im not sure of the other but one has what I think is a bomb gantry on the back. Down the road from that is 3 more at a smaller loggers outfit.

landfillman

Sure can a friend owns a Grain elevator around 3 sides of the older deuce collection. A friend of mine has an old one with the tandems that had regular rearends in it with the drive shafts that go around the middle chunk. The rear axle as removed and out on another truck. It was a pulpwood truck in the late 70s for 4 foot stick wood.

jasonjc

Sure can a friend owns a Grain elevator around 3 sides of the older deuce collection. A friend of mine has an old one with the tandems that had regular rearends in it with the drive shafts that go around the middle chunk. The rear axle as removed and out on another truck. It was a pulpwood truck in the late 70s for 4 foot stick wood.

That is how the M135/M211 GMC's where/are. The x-fer case had 2 rear out puts, 1 went to each rear axle. The center axle had a bearing block on it for the rear axles drive shaft.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should get David Doyle's Standard Catalog of Military Vehicles. It would answer most of your questions. Fred Crimson's book is good too, but is more specialized.

landfillman

Thanks for the information on the trucks, I really miss seeing them. My neighbor was just starting to sell a few things when he passed away. His son wouldnt sell to the public instead scrapped them. It was sad to see such straight trucks go that way.

The ones I found probably wont be for sale but the 2 logger owned ones may be

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice M211! With a desireable wrecker set number 7 as well. Just needs a bed from someone's M35 bobber, and a power pack?

landfillman

My neighbors son sold one like it but an auger bed that was supper slick for scrap. Im trying to get in contact with the owner theres another truck behind it. I dont want to trespass on this lot but a frien owns a road around it I can get a few better pics.

Gunfreak25

Don't let all the missing parts fool you. That is a very straight and clean truck. What would your plans be for it? Return to factory original or do your own restomod?

Last edited:

landfillman

I hope to buy and restore it. But I also heard today that the man is a collector of MV's. May not be forsale But it is a straight truck. I never thought it was tied to a collector . I just hope its safe from a scrappers torch. Tomorrow I ll take a few more pics of it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the number 7 wrecker set is different then the bomb loader setup, I know we call both what ever, It took another OLD MVer to let me know that there is a difference

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks