• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Early M101 or M101 A1 Trailer?

Texjun

I just purchased (cheap) a M101 Trailer and go it home Draw bar was modified with 2 inch Ball. Curved Brake Handles are mounted on the front middle of the Trailer. It has a straight axle and 9.00 X 16 5 lugs so I am sure it is a M101 or M101 A1. Data Plates are gone marking have been removed expect those shown in attached pictures

M101 Trailer -2.jpgM101 Trailer -3.jpgM101 Trailer -6.jpgM101 Trailer -7.jpgM101 Trailer-8.jpg.

Question is was the Serial Number stamped on any other location on the Trailer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved to the proper Forum. The Testing forum is not the correct location.

No the serial number is not marked anywhere else on a trailer from the factory. Was one added later? Who knows.

Since you are in Texas, if you want a title, you will need to have a new number assigned.

Last edited:

John Galt

What do you need the serial number for? You don't need one to get a plate for it.

How does that CRV pull it? How is the receiver mounted to the CRV. We have one and I have been wanting to add a hitch (non plans to pull my 101 with it though :))

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I just purchased (cheap) a M101 Trailer and go it home Draw bar was modified with 2 inch Ball. Curved Brake Handles are mounted on the front middle of the Trailer. It has a straight axle and 9.00 X 16 5 lugs so I am sure it is a M101 or M101 A1. Data Plates are gone marking have been removed expect those shown in attached pictures

View attachment 445070View attachment 445071View attachment 445072View attachment 445073View attachment 445074.

Question is was the Serial Number stamped on any other location on the Trailer?
The handbrake style indicates that it is an m101 trailer. Early m101 trailers had an electrical receptacle between the handbrakes for a separate intervehicular cable, while later m101 trailers had the intervehicular cable attached through a junction box on the drivers side of the drawbar like on the m101a1/m101a2/m101a3.

Texjun

Mr. Galt CRV pulls well, Receiver Hitch is a Honda Option added when I bought the car in 2011. If you go to Honda Parts Direct you can but the Hardware and Electrical Kit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks