• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easter Bobbing

Joeinderry

Removed the rear suspension on my 3rd project bobber (in under an hour) it gets easier everytime. I also cut off the rear section of frame. This will have an M105 trailer bed on it. I'm leaving space between the cab and bed (like Hanksdeuce)so I can have a place to put my acetylene and oxygen cylinders. I will also be adding a multiuse frame behind the cab to mount some overhead off road lights and hang chains and equipment. I have some 49" tires mounted on MRAP rims (from Vintage Iron) and the adapters from (Peashooter). Ill be using front springs for suspension. This deuce has under 13k miles, multifuel, c-turbo. Ill be replacing the hardtop, windshields, seat covers, drivers door, radiator, and doing some metal work. Also adding dome light, backup alarm and backup lights, extra marker lights, etc,etc....projdeuce 016.jpgprojdeuce 021.jpgprojdeuce 027.jpgprojdeuce 030.jpgprojdeuce 010.jpgprojdeuce 019.jpgprojdeuce 014.jpg

Joeinderry

Pics etc....

Got the drive shaft extended, a set of front springs, rims, tires, adapters, etc... should come together in the few weeks weather permitting.deuceproj 006.jpgdeuceproj 012.jpgdeuceproj 011.jpgdeuceproj 014.jpg

Joeinderry

Getting there

catdeuces 020.jpgcatdeuces 018.jpgcatdeuces 013.jpgcatdeuces 009.jpgcatdeuces 008.jpgcatdeuces 007.jpgcatdeuces 021.jpgI am posting pictures of the 2 bobbers that I am currently building. 1 is a shortie (the cargo bed one) and I am extending the other 1 by about a foot. The extended one will have the M105 trailer bed on it.

peashooter

Your tractor looks like a pretty handy tool for a bobber project! I never looked into the bobbing process, but do all bobbers get the drive shaft extended or is it just the truck that you mentioned you were extending by a foot?

Joeinderry

Yes, the tractor is very handy for these projects. It is not necessary to extend the driveshaft if you use a cargo bed cut down. If you use a m105 trailer you'd have to put the axle back about 5" so that the wheels are centered in the wheel well other wise it would just look wrong. Having a driveshaft extended isn't all that expensive, I got quotes over the phone of 400-600. When I brought it to the shaft shop it turned out to be 140. That's with an 11" stretch. If you have.the tools doing a bobber is relatively easy, you. Should give it a try, nothing turns heads more than one of these trucks.

Joeinderry

Progress

2deuces 007.jpg2deuces 003.jpg2deuces 001.jpg2deuces 006.jpg2deuces 005.jpgThe parts deuce, suspension completed and driveshaft installed in the second deuce. Real Custom Trucks brake reservoir kit. Got a second M105a today. During the week hope to flip the hubs and install the tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks