• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easter Parade/Show Pics

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Yesterday I took part in a local Easter car show and parade. The rain and fog broke early in the morning making for a great but humid day.

This was the M923's first "action" of the year after being in hibernation for a portion of the winter. It was also the first time it was used to tow my equipment trailer. It pulled it's load with ease. For the first time I was able to back this trailer up using the luxury of power steering! What a difference haha. I squirrel it away pretty tight so the power steering offered some much needed relief after the days activities.

I had a great time operating the M20 scout car in our convoy to and from the show/parade. With the abundance of cell phone cameras it really makes for a dangerous situation out on the roads, haha. Lacking the added weight of the 37mm and turret of the M8, the M20 really gets up and goes.

There weren't as many cars due to the threats of rain but still a good showing of about 200 cars. I've attached some pictures of some of the unique models you don't usually see instead of Corvette Indy Pace cars, Camaros, Mustangs, blah, blah, blah...... The blue touring car is a 1910 White. The black "telephone booth on wheels" is an unrestored 1910 Baker Electric. Also included is a 1902-03 curved dash Oldsmobile, and the actual Lois Lane Nash Ambassador Landau from the TV show. Some pretty neat stuff...

Ok enjoy the pics!

Attachments

WarrenD

Nice shots. There was a Baker Electric out at Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome for years. At first it was odd to see the car running around the airfield without engine noise. IIRC, it had tiller steering, like a sailboat only in reverse.

Last edited:

No.2Diesel

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks and your welcome for the pics. WarrenD that's one place I haven't been to yet! I've heard they have a sizeable auto collection. Maybe that's where that Baker came from? Yes I too enjoyed hearing it glide silently along without a sound.

Among all the questions and comments of the day the best one was from a crabby old lady asked: "what year is this truck?" referring to the 923. I answered and she responded in a loud voice: "that's not WWII !!." turned, and walked away, hahaha. She was pissed.

The show was great but the one thing that was quite annoying was the amount of people soliciting future car shows. Countless people stuffing fliers and cards into cars and hands.... haha we had a stack of garbage at the end. And each one was advertising car registrations from $10-35. Everythings money, fundraiser this, fundraiser that, joey jumped into the shallow end of the swimming pool and broke his neck so please fork it over... :p It gets so busy by me there can be 3-4 car shows going on at the same time every weekend during the entire "season." Choose wisely :smile:

Atomic

Car show mainia seems to rampent these days. Eveytime my father puts his 65' cobra in a show the front seat is littered with flyers to other ones. Pick and choose, good advise. I'm already getting invites for my M211 when its finished.

Looks like you had fun and thanks for sharing. :beer:

WarrenD

Hi,

Thanks and your welcome for the pics. WarrenD that's one place I haven't been to yet! I've heard they have a sizeable auto collection. Maybe that's where that Baker came from? Yes I too enjoyed hearing it glide silently along without a sound.
:smile:
They used to have a sizable collection of aeroplanes, cars and motorcycles. I can't say what they have currently as there was some politics and a lot of the collection disappeared. I hope this is another Baker, but IIRC, Cole's Baker was the only one in the area and his was certainly unrestored. Trying to remember the color of his interior, I'll have to dig thru some old photos (I'm thinking it might have been blue).

Srjeeper

Hi,

The show was great but the one thing that was quite annoying was the amount of people soliciting future car shows. Countless people stuffing fliers and cards into cars and hands.... haha we had a stack of garbage at the end. And each one was advertising car registrations from $10-35. Everythings money, fundraiser this, fundraiser that, joey jumped into the shallow end of the swimming pool and broke his neck so please fork it over... :p It gets so busy by me there can be 3-4 car shows going on at the same time every weekend during the entire "season." Choose wisely :smile:

Funny you should mention that #2, cause it was the same thing at the MTA show last weekend.

Most were NJ shows and some wouldn't take 'No' for an answer.
When I mentioned I may consider if they were to guarantee I'd be reimbursed for fuel and tolls they had someplace else they needed to be.

Guess they really didn't need my stuff there as much as first thought...rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks