• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eastern SoCal (92223) Mini-Rally 2nd Amend.

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All:

Any interest in a mini-rally in Banning south of the I-10 the day after Thanksgiving (Nov. 23rd)?

There's about a mile of dirt to the un-organized range, somewhat narrow (for a Deuce) road for the last 200 yards.

I prefer after noon, as there are usually fewer people and I can get a chore or two done for the wifey before I go have fun.

-Ken in Beaumont

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FastNova:

Pending research for Lextreme's concern, I-10 to Banning, exit Sunset Ave. (south) to Turtle Dove (east) to Old Idyllwild Rd. (south) to first left (east) to end of road. Sorry, no GPS coord's.

NOTE: People live on most of these roads so NO BOMBING through the area at top speed, please!!

The area is a short-range draw (less than 200 feet) with steep, rocky hillsides extending up approximately 150 feet. Reasonable care in shooting will result in no ricochets.

Lextreme:

I will have to see what's up. I think a couple thousand people shoot there every year, including off-duty law enforcement and military. The last time I was there three weeks ago a green CDF Jeep cruised through, made a circle and left without stopping.

Not saying I doubt you (I am now somewhat concerned) but I haven't seen any opposition from any authorities yet.

I'll check it out!

Lextreme

This is from:

John Bishop, Commissioner
San Bernardino County
Fish & Game Commission
San Bernardino County Special Districts Department
N.R.A. Life Member, C.R.P.A., W.E.G.C.

We communicated few times via pm. He has a map here.
San Bernardino County Shooting Map- updated November 02, 2010

check the map. John is really pro 2nd Amend.

Here is the full map:
http://www.specialdistricts.org/2/FishandGame/docs/2010_cnty_shooting_areas_final.pdf

But again, Banning might belongs to Riverside County.. See section 8 D. http://www.rivcocob.com/ords/500/514.10.pdf

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FastNova:

Pending research for Lextreme's concern, I-10 to Banning, exit Sunset Ave. (south) to Turtle Dove (east) to Old Idyllwild Rd. (south) to first left (east) to end of road. Sorry, no GPS coord's.

NOTE: People live on most of these roads so NO BOMBING through the area at top speed, please!!

The area is a short-range draw (less than 200 feet) with steep, rocky hillsides extending up approximately 150 feet. Reasonable care in shooting will result in no ricochets.

Lextreme:

I will have to see what's up. I think a couple thousand people shoot there every year, including off-duty law enforcement and military. The last time I was there three weeks ago a green CDF Jeep cruised through, made a circle and left without stopping.

Not saying I doubt you (I am now somewhat concerned) but I haven't seen any opposition from any authorities yet.

I'll check it out!
Please check into it. I don't care who shoots there, if it isn't 100% legit, I'm not bringing the gear out for that 1 in a million chance to be the one that is caught. It's always been like that is a poor phrase for shooting locations IMHO.

Let us know.

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to Lextreme for the links!

The area I described is located in Riverside County.

Ordinance 514 Section 2 Part a. is inaccurate in that Banning Canyon Road does not intersect with Interstate 10 (according to Google Maps). Regardless, I don't have a map which illustrates the areas in Section 8 part d., and the area we shoot at is probably not going to be allowed as an "established" range despite all the evidence to the contrary.

So, my suggestion to go shooting is withdrawn. I haven't driven any dirt in this area other than to the "range" previously described, so the rally is also withdrawn pending some scouting.

I had a lot of fun at the Dodge Power Wagon rally in Lytle Creek on the 13th, but would have liked to make it to the So Cal SteelSoldiers rally too.

Maybe next year.

Hey blisters13, With all due respect to Lextreme, ya might wanna check with the Riverside County folks as we're in Riverside county. Not too sure if what San Bernardino county says matters too much here since we Banning dwellers as well as Idyllwild in the San Jacinto Mountains are all part of Riverside county.
:popcorn:

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Redbeard, I see that. One of Lextreme's links goes to a Riv. Cnty. firearms ordinance which states, in part, no shooting in certain areas which Old Idyllwild Road goes thru, but as I noted I don't have a map which shows those "sections".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks