• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eastern surplus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipstick

I met both Dave and Bill at the Sussex N.J. show. They are indeed the nicest guys you'd ever want to know. My experience with Eastern Surplus? I just call or email Bill and tell him what parts I need. We agree on the price (always fair). They ship right away. It arrives quickly at my door and it's always exactly what I wanted. I haven't been disappointed yet. Customer focus to the max.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not wanting to turn this in to a rant, but..
I strongly disagree with Steve. These trucks were NOT DRIVEN BY PUNKS. They were driven by 18 and 19 year olds who are in my eyes the greatest men and weman we have in America today. Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines, they are the best i. Punks could never do anything as brave as what they are doing.
Not as lean, not as mean, but still a Marine. Frank

Thanks for posting your reply FrankUSMC.
Felt the same about the punk comment.

I have dealt with them back when they were a small operation next to a paper mill. Not where they are today, I always used to get a good deal. Their prices got a little higher on some of what I used to buy, but thats the world today. Plus I am cheap,

steelandcanvas

...remember these trucks were driven by 18/19 year old punks
I was a 64C30 Motor Transport Operator (88M now) and one of those "18/19 year old punks" you're referring to. Let me make this clear: There may have been some isolated vehicle abuses, but it was the exception and definitely not the rule. I was in an 8" Howitzer Artillery unit, my section, battery and battalion depended on my vehicle to run 24/7, as I supplied the guns and gensets with fuel. We always assisted the battalion motorpool mechanics whenever our vehicles needed 2nd echelon repairs or maintenance. I don't recall too many punks in our combat unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks