• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eaton fuller 8LL?

minigunmike

Hey guys probably a stupid question and I'm sure I didn't look in the right places but from what I've read the multi fuel is a sae 2 pattern engine to the bell housing? I was thinking of ways to have a lower low range. It was brought up to put a highway truck transmission in so you have the high/low from the transfer and transmission. I'm sure someone has done it but I'm not finding it. :/

Jakob

I have passively saw a lot of talk about it around here. It seems like the general argument is that the transmission will be too long to keep the transfer case and still have reasonable driveshaft lengths.

minigunmike

Been going through so much information today it is all coagulated hard to remember what's what! I was thinking about the shaft from trans to transfer and thought if it could be married somehow that might just give up the few inches itd need. But then back to the bell housing debacle... Somehow I stumbled across a article on a deuce trans in a 715 with a gm big block. Very interesting and awesome looking.

Anyway the the deuce has a sae #3 then? Might have to look at medium duty truck transmissions

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it has an adapter ring: the smaller (transm.) side is a SAE#3, but the eng. side is an odd pattern - not a SAE #2

minigunmike

I at least remember that! Lol it's like a sae 2 but a bolt or 2 don't line up or something. I remember someone had to have it all laid out and machined. These things are big tinker toys. It's just a matter of finding the right parts to mesh it all together

rustystud

Why couldnt you slide the transfer case back to clear the transmission?
You could move the transfer-case. It would be a lot of work and very costly as both drivelines would have to be modified. Also your linkage would have to be modified and your truck bed possibly modified for clearance also. There really isn't any transmission out there except the Spicer 3052/3053 that fits unless your willing and able to do a "lot" of modifying !
Personally I'm looking for a 6000 series 3 speed Aux gear box to put behind the transfer-case. Very hard to find one out here.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Mike, I have a T-case option for you. It has a 2.45:1 low vs the stock 1.198:1. Same 1:1 high range, a built in pto and its all air shift solenoids, no linkage to fool with. Call if you still have my number, if not, send a PM.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Rusty.
Guess I'd better add a PDF-version then...?
(actually I always upload them as PNG but its the server that then converts it to a blurry, low res. jpg)

rustystud

Thanks, Rusty.
Guess I'd better add a PDF-version then...?
(actually I always upload them as PNG but its the server that then converts it to a blurry, low res. jpg)
That would be great actually ! I have all your transmission and transfer-case graphics in a special binder. The others go in the regular Deuce binder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks