• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

eBay jerry cans.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new ones...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If you're referring to the modern Scepter cans in the old mounts, they do seem to not fit properly. You can force it in but I assume modern jerry can mounting brackets are larger in the corners to accomodate the Scepters.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you're referring to the modern Scepter cans in the old mounts, they do seem to not fit properly. You can force it in but I assume modern jerry can mounting brackets are larger in the corners to accomodate the Scepters.
Mine seem to fit ok, no forcing, tight but drop in, the holders that will not allow a drop in I find that the corners are bent in, a 3lb hammer fixes that.

peashooter

mine fit too, but I've had a couple of the used plastic Scepter cans that were bulged from use more than others and made a tighter fit the old mounts.

rwminck

The ones from over seas do not fit in a standard holder, at least the ones I have ordered. went to Satarn and ordered some of theirs. Not here yet, so I don't know if they fit?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have the big one of those NATO cans (can be had in three sizes), it fits just fine.

peashooter

I'm not sure about all the new "NATO style" cans but I've read reviews on the ones sold by cheaper than dirt and they aren't very positive. Most complain of the interior "paint" flaking off into the fuel and many mentioned they arrived with rust inside (new cans). The real NATO cans have a nice porcelain coating inside...maybe some of the newer knockoffs do too but you might want to check before getting too many of them. I've bought quite a few new real NATO cans from Mills Fleet Farm (like a tractor supply store) here in Minnesota over the last year or 2 ($29-39 w/spout).... Before we become another state that mandates the CARB approved cans only.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, the CARB requirement became federal law a couple of years ago (Thanks Kalifornia), so people are now selling them as 'ornaments' to get around the krazy KARB (usually by putting some small print to the effect 'not for fuel use'). YMMV.

peashooter

I know the cans aren't illegal yet in all states (even when used for their intended purpose), but yes I have seen some cans that have "for water only" or some such language.

welldigger

I know the cans aren't illegal yet in all states (even when used for their intended purpose), but yes I have seen some cans that have "for water only" or some such language.
That's the trick to finding a useful gas can in general. Not just Jerry cans. Find "water" cans.