• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ebay - just gotta laugh sometimes

With the anger to this seller that you posted, I would suggest that no one even consider a purchase from this seller. He should be banned from eBay for his conduct and lies in his listing. If he did not ship you what is pictures is that not a violation of eBay policies? I would think it would be, if not some type of criminal issue for the police. Only way it could not be if he has a comment saying "Pictures are examples only, you will receive a similar truck"

Well with his feedback, I hope that any possible bidders do not bid. I know I would stay far away with a rating like that and the negative comments about the Blazer.

The truck arrived at my home the Saturday before the Monday morning I had to leave back to Afghanistan also, which made it double hard for me, but being with his lawyer son I assume they were working some scheme around this. His son actually did some of the conversing with me.

nhdiesel

I sent an e-mail to the seller, and tried to make it sound like I was a concerned party who just wanted to point out a little inaccurate info in his ad. I politely pointed out several mistakes and told him it was a nice looking truck. He replied a couple hours later, all full of himself about what an expert he was, and why HIS information was 100% correct. I think I ticked him off when I said that 45k miles wasn't low mileage for these, that we see them all the time with 10-20k miles. Oh well, I may have bruised his ego a bit.

Jim

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sent an e-mail to the seller, and tried to make it sound like I was a concerned party who just wanted to point out a little inaccurate info in his ad. I politely pointed out several mistakes and told him it was a nice looking truck. He replied a couple hours later, all full of himself about what an expert he was, and why HIS information was 100% correct. I think I ticked him off when I said that 45k miles wasn't low mileage for these, that we see them all the time with 10-20k miles. Oh well, I may have bruised his ego a bit.

Jim
Give him enough rope I say. :cookoo:

ryan77

I bought a engine of a scum bag in Florida off ebay, He never shipped it, i dealt with ebay,local police, sheriffs office in Florida and the US Postal inspector got no where with any of it. Ebay wouldnt do anything the guy is still selling on ebay. He will do it again over and over.

K9Vic

I think I ticked him off when I said that 45k miles wasn't low mileage for these, that we see them all the time with 10-20k miles. Oh well, I may have bruised his ego a bit.

Jim

I know an agree that 45K is not low mileage for a CUCV, but what do we consider low mileage? Under 10K, 20K miles to be the low mileage range? I would say less then 20K is low mileage as I have seen the average around 30k-50k miles for these when I look on eBay or GL. Even though it may only have 20k miles, that does not mean it will not have problems. I am fighting with my M1010 w/20k and running issues and the IP looks new, but probably injectors.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The main thing I see wrong with the add is the batteries. That is a flat out lie. And the seller knows it if he's been dealing in these as much as he claims. It could be possible that he's just mis-informed on the other false claims in the add but anybody that's ever opened the hood on a CUCV knows what stock military batteries look like.

If he'll lie about things like this, what else will he lie about?

K9Vic

TEXAS NATIONAL GUARD TRUCK

This is the heavy duty military-spec version that just came out of service from the Texas National Guard. This one has an oversize camper shell on back. It was used by a supply unit so that means it probably hasn't been out on the lines getting beat up...it's been putt-ing around the base doing easy time.

OK, this has to be a lie ab out Texas National Guard as I know that this truck looked familiar. I searched the VIN on Google and found it came from the local Plano dealer that sells CUCV vehicles and I know that this came from the Atlanta GSA auction as I saw it on the GSA list. I do not think I still have that PDF file, but I know that this dealer in Plano gets these from GSA and the last batch was from Atlanta. Additionally, I believe that anything from the Texas National Guard is sold through the state pocurment department to cities only. Then after a year the city or authorized agent can sell it to a private citizen or dealer, but not directly from the state. So I call BS on that comment and he is probably only saying that because he bought it in Texas from a Texas dealer, but that dealer bought it from Atlanta, GA GSA sale. Plus that truck is really rusty for a Texas truck, the cab corners are bad as seen in the pictures.

1985 Chevrolet D30 Military Regular Cab
Lone Star Cars - Plano, Texas - Inventory Details - 1985 Chevrolet D30 Military $3,200.00

nhdiesel

Both rockers are rusty, especially the driver's side. Both rear fender areas are rusty. Bottom front of the driver's front fender has a hole. Even the rear bumper has a rust hole on the driver's side.

Because of the rust alone that truck would never go on the road in NH without serious body work. I hope nobody is actually dumb enough to buy this thing. Its a $500 truck that needs $2000 in work just to put it on the road.

Jim

ABN173

OK, this has to be a lie ab out Texas National Guard as I know that this truck looked familiar. I searched the VIN on Google and found it came from the local Plano dealer that sells CUCV vehicles and I know that this came from the Atlanta GSA auction as I saw it on the GSA list. I do not think I still have that PDF file, but I know that this dealer in Plano gets these from GSA and the last batch was from Atlanta. Additionally, I believe that anything from the Texas National Guard is sold through the state pocurment department to cities only. Then after a year the city or authorized agent can sell it to a private citizen or dealer, but not directly from the state. So I call BS on that comment and he is probably only saying that because he bought it in Texas from a Texas dealer, but that dealer bought it from Atlanta, GA GSA sale. Plus that truck is really rusty for a Texas truck, the cab corners are bad as seen in the pictures.

1985 Chevrolet D30 Military Regular Cab
Lone Star Cars - Plano, Texas - Inventory Details - 1985 Chevrolet D30 Military $3,200.00

Here is a thought if you have the VIN post it on CARNAC's 2010 VIN info thread and find out where(unit) it came from.

GoldComet6

Looks like it sold yesterday for $2500.

1985 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 3500 CUCV M1008
HIGH OUTPUT DIESEL Auto 4x4 4WD Camper shell RUNS GREAT

Sold For:US $2,500.00

Item Location:Jackson, MS, United States

Ended:Jun 25, 201019:27:52 PDT

GoldComet6

Can I order one of those through Summit Racing?:driver:

Jim
No you can't, since the hi-output J-code diesel engine was only installed in one M1008 that was kept on the base in Texas for light duty errands. This was it!! There are no more CUCVs coming up in government auctions either - they are gone:wink:!! This one had zero rust;-), the original military Interstate brand batteries;-), and was never abused by the one driver it had the whole time it was in service:wink:.

Too bad you missed it Jim.......you believe me right????? :D

Last edited:

nhdiesel

All those holes, the ones surrounded by the brown metal...those are high speed airflow holes, right? I think the side ones must be vents for brake cooling. Yea. I think I got it now.

Jim

GoldComet6

All those holes, the ones surrounded by the brown metal...those are high speed airflow holes, right? I think the side ones must be vents for brake cooling. Yea. I think I got it now.

Jim
Yes!!!!

They were required by the government contract - they are "Mil Spec" and 100% original. They were required by the U.S. Army, since they also help vent the cab too. Glad I was able to clarify this for you.....

Next time a super rare one of a kind M1008 like this one, comes up for auction - don't let it get away!!:p

ryan77

You got to love scumbag used car salesman.......................... Any one with google can tell he is full of it......:deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks