• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ebay Parts Question

cg25713

Hello All: I'm about to order a 4 man soft top kit with soft doors for my newly acquired truck. Does anyone know about any fraud or scams on ebay concerning hmmwv parts? I've purchased many humvee items from higher volume sellers without a problem so far. I was a victim on a big ticket item several years ago so I just thought I'd ask here if there were any known incidents.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards.

cg25713

Breton website says they no longer sell to the public. Do you know if they do? I'd buy directly if I could. I figured there would be a good markup on ebay but if there wasn't, where could I get it and what's the point for the seller? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

That is a shame as they were reasonable but I can see the difficulty of collecting sales tax and remitting to all the locations is not worth the small retail business they do in comparison to the Military and gov't orders.
I blame the greedy state legislators who went after ebay, amazon and online sellers so they can mis appropriate more $ to the pet projects that their special interest voters want.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They stopped because the amount of time it took to answer the phones on people constantly calling asking where there order was....yes, that’s the actual real reason.
I have made many calls to folks in the industry since and frankly Breton was forewarned not to go consumer direct but to
partner with a known established distributor, that unfortunately fell on deaf ears at the corporate level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks