• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ebay Rock Sliders

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
they'll probably work as jack rails, but I don't think I'd trust them to take any type of impact. Looks to be kind of thin steel compared to the other ones (or extremely thin)

I'd say probably garbage at that price, 3 day free shipping included for $270.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are these rock sliders any good? Or is it just more inferior Chinese garbage?

These are not welded, but bent into shape. Much thinner and a bad choice IMHO. Might as well use tinfoil.

You need the thicker welded units.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
in comparison, just the steel for my jack rail/sliders was about $200 for 4" angle iron 3/8" thick, bought through a buddy with a commercial account. Bolts, nuts and washers (grade 8 taper head bolts and lock nuts, and thick fender washers) was another $40, and the countersink another $40 on top of that. All together with freight the hardware was almost $100.

Then supplies like oxyacetylene, flux core wire (unfortunately I don't have a MIG welder) and a few other incidentals, it's over $300 just in materials to build a set of heavy jack rails.

So the set being sold at about $700, though a little thinner steel than mine, looks like a decent deal when everything is said and done.

Glider

I put them on mine if it is the same. They are too short to sit flat on underside of body. Not good for anything that way. The bolts will be supporting all weight. I cut to allow good contact with rail and body.

Attachments

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find Jeremy Johnson. His are top shelf and manufactured in NC
I'm interested in getting a set. I see some YouTube posts from others on his sets. I see Jeremy is on Facebook - but I refuse to use that junk. I found his business address, but no web site.

Any other way of contacting Jeremy to order a set ? Is he a member here?

Can someone please PM me his email or phone number privately?

EDIT: Thanks for his phone number and I got in contact with him and think he is going to provided a great setup of full belly step sliders!

Last edited:

colesmotorsports

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just bought a set and installed, didn't know the difference until I installed, straight ones are ok I think but wish I got the ones tipped up at the back, follow lines better and probably stronger, but not a killer.

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm interested in getting a set. I see some YouTube posts from others on his sets. I see Jeremy is on Facebook - but I refuse to use that junk. I found his business address, but no web site.

Any other way of contacting Jeremy to order a set ? Is he a member here?

Can someone please PM me his email or phone number privately?

EDIT: Thanks for his phone number and I got in contact with him and think he is going to provided a great setup of full belly step sliders!
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would post my experience with Jeremy's Sliders. I ordered these back in July and he had them ready in about a month. He found very economical shipping and they did fit in my SUV.

I waited about 6 months and I am retired now, and since the Florida Inferno is mitigated this time of year, I installed them this morning.

Jeremy's stuff is truly top drawer. He carefully packaged them so they arrived in perfect shape. I asked him to powder coat it and he even did the carriage bolt heads! Fit and Finish was perfect.

I made a few mistakes. All my own fault. When I unpacked them I did manage to accidentally scrape one of them on my garage floor. Boy are they heavy! Do'oh!

I got them installed and now I discovered that Jeremy must use the measurements which include stock military tires, I assume. Mine are a little bigger and meatier. So when I turn the steering wheel to a stop, the tires garbs the edge of the slider in the front! Do'oh, again I did not think to tell him I had some larger tires. So now I get to take them off, and try to neatly cut them down so they won't rub. I don't have a plasma cutter, so I will have to do it with a wheel of death, and then touch it up with some paint. My fault!

Jeremy is the way to go if you want a set!

Last edited:

2008 M1123

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would post my experience with Jeremy's Sliders. I ordered these back in July and he had them ready in about a month. He found very economical shipping and they did fit in my SUV.

I waited about 6 months and I am retired now, and since the Florida Inferno is mitigated this time of year, I installed them this morning.

Jeremy's stuff is truly top drawer. He carefully packaged them so they arrived in perfect shape. I asked him to powder coat it and he even did the carriage bolt heads! Fit and Finish was perfect.

I made a few mistakes. All my own fault. When I unpacked them I did manage to accidentally scrape one of them on my garage floor. Boy are they heavy! Do'oh!

I got them installed and now I discovered that Jeremy must use the measurements which include stock military tires, I assume. Mine are a little bigger and meatier. So when I turn the steering wheel to a stop, the tires garbs the edge of the slider in the front! Do'oh, again I did not think to tell him I had some larger tires. So now I get to take them off, and try to neatly cut them down so they won't rub. I don't have a plasma cutter, so I will have to do it with a wheel of death, and then touch it up with some paint. My fault!

Jeremy is the way to go if you want a set!
Where did you find his info to order? I can't seem to find anything via basic web search. Any help appreciated!

2008 M1123

Just to finish up, the basic sliders are $500 for a set and are made from 3/16" steel. They come naked steel and do include hardware. It is Jeremy Johnson and their website https://safety3rdcustoms.com/shop is being rewritten due to a faulty shipping calculator. If you are purchasing, call or text him at (336) 870-6015 and after sending him your address, he will send you a total that includes shipping (and taxes I assume). He sent me a paypal address to pay with, but I think he can take a card over the phone too. My shipping, to North Phoenix AZ and taxes was $121, so my total to my front door was $621.

I don't know if it's kosher to post a phone number as I don't see many, but it's right on his website, so I apologize if I crossed a line. I did a quick run thru the forum rules and didn't see anything pop out regarding phone numbers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks