• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECU trucks.... maybe an electronic reader and/or maybe computer dash?? based in OR

coachgeo

Many standard readers will read the transmission, engine, ABS, and CTIS systems on these trucks.
so that stands to reason a company like one above could come up with computer dash's for these trucks....

This explains how "FMTV Truck Sales" has done it. Apparently it "may not be" as much magic wizardry as claimed when they said .... they only provide that option with the trucks they sell cause it is to hard to sell a kit to retrofit other trucks"

Good luck to anyone that decides to experiment with this. Anyone in OR?

scottmandu

Why would you want a "Computer Dash" that is likely made from proprietary components, with questionable life and serviceability?

scottmandu

Oh BTW the trucks that the FMTV guys make the dash for is only the C7 powered units, not the 3126 (which also are electronic).

coachgeo

Why would you want a "Computer Dash" that is likely made from proprietary components, with questionable life and serviceability?
Good points and wouldn't want one myself. Didn't post for myself though... I don't even have an ECU so it's no value to me... Posted it for others whom may like the idea. :idea:

Now if I did have a ECU only thing that would make me consider it is if it was was more than just gauge replacement... and that appears to be the case with these folk...... which is main reason pointed it out as an opportunity if one is inclined that way.... Seems they offer not only ECU and TCU info, but also, EGT's, mapping!!!, solar charges, tanks (water, grey, black, propane) etc. can all be added to the same screen right in good visual position of the pilot. Also apparently they offer output to your own laptop instead of a screen.... for pilot or copilot.... wherever you want to place it.

As to quality and proprietary.... good points... no clue. But then again.... like they say... one should never ASSUME right. :beer:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks