• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Edmond, OK Parade of Lights 12/03/09

M813A1

Hello Tackettr !! I am thinking the Gerald will show up but not sure I'll find out , he had spent time in the hospital the other week !! Also I think Warthog will be there for sure !!
Need more we need more people to show up !! :-D:-D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I will be there. The wife is going to attend if the weather isn't too cold.....no heat in the 715....LOL

Trying to round up some other people as well.

Warthog

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I vote meeting at the NE corner of the Wal-Mart parking lot at I-35 & 15th NLT 1700hrs. I really don't want to mess with rush hour traffic in OKC. It will be hard enough with the short distance in Edmond.

I have a few more lights to hang on my M35 & m105. Also, have to get a heater for my pax in the rear. :-D

So far I'm seeing myself, M1075, & M813A. Anyone else going to make it????

Looking at the route we may need to arrive sooner. They will close streets at 1700hrs

http://www.downtownedmondok.com/PDF/Street Closingdec2009.pdf

Tackettr

I just placed a call the the POC and expecting a call back with further information on arrival procedures. I will post it as soon as it's available.

M1075

I vote meeting at the NE corner of the Wal-Mart parking lot at I-35 & 15th NLT 1700hrs. I really don't want to mess with rush hour traffic in OKC. It will be hard enough with the short distance in Edmond.

I have a few more lights to hang on my M35 & m105. Also, have to get a heater for my pax in the rear. :-D

So far I'm seeing myself, M1075, & M813A. Anyone else going to make it????
I'm in and will plan on meeting everyone at Wal-Mart. Maybe Bangle 99 can clear any roadblocks.

Tackettr

Okay I just spoke with Michelle, she recommend that we enter the staging area from the North and avoid the traffic on 2nd & University. She said they were still receiving calls from people wanting to enter the parade, so it would be no problem if we had more than 6.

So here's the plan:

Rally Point: NE corner of Wal-Mart Parking lot (I-35 & 15th St. in Edmond)

Rally Time: 1700 hours. Be there or be square!

Route: Depart at 1715, North on service street to 2nd street. Then West on 2nd street to Baumann(Same road we used for the 4th Parade). Then North on Baumann to Ayers. Then West on Ayers to University. South on University to the Staging area.

So see you there!

PS: If you think you have enough lights, just add one more string for good measure. Remember we're going for a Clark "Sparky" Griswold effect here! :-D:-D

Last edited:

Tackettr

Headcount: So far I have M1075, M813A1, Warthog, Gerald, & myself. Anybody else going to make it?

Don't be a "Scrooge", come out and join the fun!!!!:-D:-D:-D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have rounded up some riders. We may need to breakout additional trucks. :-D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I'm not working late, I am going to try to make it. If I bring my pioneer trailer, does it need a bunch of lights and may I connect it to someone's CUCV or other vehicle that small enough to pull it?:roll:

Bill
We don't have any small MVs........:evil:

I think it might fit on the back of the M715....... The more lights the merrier

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend has given me a power inverter, can I hook it up to a deep cycle battery on the trailer then connect lights to it?
Thats what all of us are doing. I have two. A 350w and a 750w. The mini lights draw about 30w for each string.

Tackettr

Thats what all of us are doing. I have two. A 350w and a 750w. The mini lights draw about 30w for each string.

Speak for yourself! I'm dragging a 40KW generator for power and my light bulb count is just shy of 1 million! You better have sunglasses when I fire this baby up!!:wink:

Real Story: A little Honda generator with maybe 500 lights.:-D:-D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speak for yourself! I'm dragging a 40KW generator for power and my light bulb count is just shy of 1 million! You better have sunglasses when I fire this baby up!!:wink:

Must not be OD Green. The Army didn't have a 40Kw unit. :p

Mine is a 30Kw and will blow you out. I'll have to load it up with lights so it won't Wet Stack.........LOL

Lets see 30,000 watt genset,
30w per 150 count sting of lights = 1000 strings
1000 strings x 150 lights = 150,000 lights.

Now if I buy the new LED lights then we might get 1.5 million lights:grin::grin::grin:

Attachments

Last edited:

Tackettr

Ha ah, I'm busted! :oops: I wasn't for sure what KW those gen sets were. If I had that one, I would be dragging it. I'll have to settle for my little Honda gen this year.:-D

Bangle 99

I'll meet you guys over at the RP at 1700. I might suggest the SE corner of the parking lot by the retaining wall. It's generally less crowded there. Of course, who'll miss seeing you anyway... ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks