• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EGT gauge

rickdavis81

Had to adjust the fuel on my M51 multifuel today, starts right up and idles great now. I think it might still be a little low but I want to install an EGT and boost gauge before I go any farther. What ones are you guys running? I'd like something that matches the interior and doesn't look to out of place. Are all the lights and dash gauges 24 volts?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had to adjust the fuel on my M51 multifuel today, starts right up and idles great now. I think it might still be a little low but I want to install an EGT and boost gauge before I go any farther. What ones are you guys running? I'd like something that matches the interior and doesn't look to out of place. Are all the lights and dash gauges 24 volts?
Plenty of information for you in this link ;https://www.google.com/search?sourc...0i22i30k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i21k1.0.w3AJwi5CSeo

Lukes_deuce

Everything on the truck is 24V. As for gauges, you have many options. I run old gauges off my dodge cummins. I suggest using gauges that do not require power for the sensor, only for the lighting.

ChrisMc

Everything on the truck is 24V. As for gauges, you have many options. I run old gauges off my dodge cummins. I suggest using gauges that do not require power for the sensor, only for the lighting.
Isn't there a 12v line that runs to the blower switch for the low fan speed? I'd think it would be easy to tap off of that to get power to a 12v gauge.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Isn't there a 12v line that runs to the blower switch for the low fan speed? I'd think it would be easy to tap off of that to get power to a 12v gauge.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
Its not a ground side switch on the blower. Its off the dash switch. Same #400 wire delivers 12 and 24.

You could steal it off before the switch though. But hopefully its not enough amps to be an evil wire
Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lukes_deuce

Those gauges look nice. Clean and simple as well as a good price. Post up pictures of where you install them. I might have to get a trans temp gauge from temp!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks