• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

El Paso, Texas to Mantua, Ohio

bgekky3

Here are some of the pictures. I will put more once I can get my computer working here. The cat was fine. He was scared, but settled down on the floor. The wife was fine she had a semitruck airseat. I put two layers of insulation and one layer of carpet on the floor and firewall. The back had three layers of insulation. The cab was warm and quiet. The weather was great. We had a few sprinkles of rain in New Mexico and the rest of the trip was clear and sunny. I am glad we ran all night bc it was bad in the morning and all day so far.

My wife was happy when she saw snow in the morning. She saw it once about 16 years ago. She took pictures to send to her family. After we started to unload our clothes and Christmas gifts, she decided she doesn't like snow too much.

Happy New Year

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Here are some of the pictures. I will put more once I can get my computer working here. The cat was fine. He was scared, but settled down on the floor. The wife was fine she had a semitruck airseat. I put two layers of insulation and one layer of carpet on the floor and firewall. The back had three layers of insulation. The cab was warm and quiet. The weather was great. We had a few sprinkles of rain in New Mexico and the rest of the trip was clear and sunny. I am glad we ran all night bc it was bad in the morning and all day so far.

My wife was happy when she saw snow in the morning. She saw it once about 16 years ago. She took pictures to send to her family. After we started to unload our clothes and Christmas gifts, she decided she doesn't like snow too much.

Happy New Year
Nick, that pic of the Deuce is a definite christmas card pic!!! btw, I'm glad I'm still in NM ;)

I'm glad we got all the EVIL parts out of your truck!, good luck at the new station!

p.s.
I want pics of that ghetto interior posted rofl

bgekky3

When I weighed the deuce empty with the trailer half full, to make sure I wasn't overloading the trailer, it was 19,920 lbs. The trailer was half full not including the press, chery picker, or the tools. I added a bunch more stuff to the trailer and loaded the truck. I didn't weigh it, but it was heavy.

I averaged 8.87 MPG over my 1800 mile trip.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
When I weighed the deuce empty with the trailer half full, to make sure I wasn't overloading the trailer, it was 19,920 lbs. The trailer was half full not including the press, chery picker, or the tools. I added a bunch more stuff to the trailer and loaded the truck. I didn't weigh it, but it was heavy.

I averaged 8.87 MPG over my 1800 mile trip.

Interior pics....don't make me post the ones I took rofl

bgekky3

Ed post the ones you have. I will take some later. I have been kinda busy. Make sure you get the old lady's air seat. It is a good mod. Any married man should do it. If they want to stay married when they get there.

bgekky3

Here is the long awaited picture of the custom seat and carpeting. I think Ed is currently doing the same mod to his truck. I have an airseat for the drivers side, but I have to cut the top off so I can get it further back. I did not want to be sitting right up against the steering wheel.

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are at a hotel in Amarillo. So far it is running well. The pyro is 1100 when the RPM is at 2000 or above, but 1800 to 2000 it will hit 1200 and I have to get out of the gas. I try not to load the motor under 1800. I will have to read up on the drop screw adjustment later. Here are some photos, but I need to get a new card. We lost about half of the photos we took today. After an hour of freaking out cats calm down and fall asleep in a deuce.
Did you have little kittycat hearing protection for them? The noise must have drove kitty nuts. Hmm.. need to invent cat earmuffs. I bet my cats, any one of them, would have emptied themselves pretty quick on a deuce ride.

bgekky3

The truck is quiet. Hector the cat was fine. He doesn't like riding in cars, but I told him to calm down and it won't go any faster unless he gets out and pushes. He just laid on the floor until we stopped. When we stopped he would get out and use the restroom then get back in when he finished. The deuce is a lot quieter than my Toyota and my Bronco. Other than 30 mph on some of the steep hills, the trip went great. I am not sure I want to do it again next week, but I would do it again in the future. The carpet was the best mod. I tried to get black indoor outdoor carpet at Lowes, but no one wanted to help me so I used what I had available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks