• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrial problem on 5 ton dump - M51

poppop

Electrical problems make my head hurt so I hope someone can lead me in the right direction to find this problem. The truck has sat unused for about 6 months. When I went to get it there was no power when the master switch was turned on. OK, batteries are old so must be dead. Charged batteries and they tested good, reinstalled and same thing, no power. We can jump starter and it spins fine. I pulled the master switch and one wire was badly rotted and broke when I moved the switch. I repaired that and still no joy. I confirmed I have two hots coming to the switch and confirmed the switch is good, so two hots leaving the switch. My question is where does the power go when it leaves the switch??? Does power go from the switch to the breakers or from the breakers to the switch?? What sends power to the gauges?? I hope someone can give me some pointers.

Last edited by a moderator:

MtnSnow

Likely your PCB (Power Control Box) is need of replacement or a rebuild with the master switch testing out good. It is located on the drivers side firewall just next to the Washer fluid bottle.

poppop

I probably should have said this is an older truck, an M52 I think. I did see a silver colored metal box with fins on it mounted on the firewall. It has a large bundle of wires with a screw plug connected to it. I assumed that was a voltage regulator.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I probably should have said this is an older truck, an M52 I think. I did see a silver colored metal box with fins on it mounted on the firewall. It has a large bundle of wires with a screw plug connected to it. I assumed that was a voltage regulator.

M52 is a tractor, M51 is a dump truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks