• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric Brake Conversion Question

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Everyone,

I converted a M101A3 axle over to electric, but having a problem with the magnet holding to the surface of the military hub. I used the military hub and drum with the electric backing plate with shoes, etc. I can't find a new drum and hub combo that will fit over the military stub shaft, bearings are different.

What did you do to over come this? I thought about making a plate to bolt to the back of military hub, so the magnet has something to grab to.

Thanks in advance.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The magnet are suppose to grab the backing plate , not the hub. Do you have a adjustable controller in the truck ?

Edit; One of the downfalls of electric brakes is if they for periods of time rust forms and keeps the magnets from grabbing correctly.

Last edited:

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Porkysplace,

The brake shoes are mounted on the backing with the magnet in front of them then the drum with hub is mounted so the magnet can grab it. On the military axle the hub and drum are separate so there is no area for the magnet to grab to. Brand new brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks