• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric fuel pump

johnjr

Just installed an Airtex 8131 elec. fuel pump on my 85 1009. Used a lighted toggle switch to energize, no regulator,added a 2 micron napa spin-on filter, after the pump, before the stock filter, bypassing the mech. pump. Truck runs good , my only concern is the pump never shuts off until i switch it off. Without truck running and pump switched on, I would think pump should build up pressure and shut off. There are no leaks, is this normal? Is fuel just returning to tank? FYI I did this mod in prep for running WMO. Thanks!

I have an electric pump that runs off of the ignition switch. It hasn't shut off if the pump is running but the truck isnt. The pump has been on for a couple of minutes without the truck running, and I haven't had any issues. (i dont keep it on any longer then I have to w/o the truck running, but like I said, i haven't had any problems with it)

chief1983

Stock vehicles with electric fuel pumps behave the same way. Ignition on engages the fuel pump, it's intended behavior. The 8131 pumps at a max 14psi, which I think the low pressure side of the fuel system should be fine with. I doubt anything could be hurt with your setup. Instead of shutting off, it builds up pressure and then...can't build up any more pressure, just maintains 14psi. I'm thinking about getting that particular pump as well, if anyone has any tips on installation I'd love to hear them.

top_prop

Can anyone advise what circuit (looking for a wire color) to use that is on the run side of the ignition. Hoping to tap into it inside the engine compartment where the buddle exits the back of the Fuse box...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks