• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electric governor on a MEP-831a

gstirling

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First a thanks to Kurt for hitting the nail on the head in a PM. Pin the set and it runs fine.

Now the new issue. my 831A appears to run perfectly on the mechanical governor, starts, takes load, rejects load, no-load etc... perfect as long as I hold the electric governor off. once I let the electric governor try and take over, the gov. pulls the throttle linkage over to the magnet, engine bogs down, then one of two things can happen. it either trips the over current protective relay and shuts down the engine or it gives it full throttle, then pulls it back to the magnet (surging), then the unit shuts down on overcurrent. Since it runs fine (no overcurrent issues) when on the mechanical governor I'm pretty certain there are no actual electrical issues (no actual over current or short circuit).

So here's the question - how/can you "test" the electric governor? is the electrical governor something that can be "repaired" or is it a replace only part? (I did open the cover and its clean and linkages move freely) or can the linkage be so out of adjustment that is the issue?

If it could be the linkage is there a TM on how to adjust the electric gov. linkage. don't remember seeing any info in the 9-6115-639-13&P TM I have. If I missed (have looked) a previous thread on this topic please point me to it.

thanks

dav5

If you can't get it adjusted. Kurt sells a very nice controller for a very reasonable price that doesn't need any adjustments at all. I highly recommend them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks