• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric winch on goat?

Aussiecowboy

Has anyone done it? I want to offroad my goat but would like a recovery option, getting an original winch isn't really an option due to shipping costs. I was thinking of fabricating a new bar for the front with a winch cradle in it for a 12,000lb electric winch but I'm not sure the 4 mounting bolt holes will be strong enough, how do the factory PTO winches attach?

Thanks

Gabinett

Hello, i'm planing the same but with a 8000lbs. Have a look at TM9-2320-242-10, section VII, page 177-179
This helps a little. I've seen somewhere better pictures but have to look for it.

m38inmaine

If you do go electric I would suggest going 24v and using the slave port on front as your power source, that way you would not have to drill any holes in the body.

If you do go electric I would suggest going 24v and using the slave port on front as your power source, that way you would not have to drill any holes in the body.
That's a **** good thunk, had thought about using a hydraulic with bulkhead fittings and a little electric powerpack back in the engine bay somewhere.

Jericho

mounted a warn 12000 pound winch on one of my goats ( powered b a custom Chevy 400 small block )4 0r 5 years ago , converted electrical to 12 volts , built custom bumper from some RUGGED steel, secured it with the stock aluminum bumper/tow lugs/ pto winch/ lugs , they
are plenty strong, tied it in with some additional brackets , ran the leads down the front vent , Marks Slave plug is a wonderful idea, NEVER thought of it , wish I had.Ill try to post some pictures tomorrow

frenchman

mounted a warn 12000 pound winch on one of my goats ( powered b a custom Chevy 400 small block )4 0r 5 years ago , converted electrical to 12 volts , built custom bumper from some RUGGED steel, secured it with the stock aluminum bumper/tow lugs/ pto winch/ lugs , they
are plenty strong, tied it in with some additional brackets , ran the leads down the front vent , Marks Slave plug is a wonderful idea, NEVER thought of it , wish I had.Ill try to post some pictures tomorrow
hello
hard to get stuck with a goat and if you do you should of been there in the 1st place but it sure look good with an original winch in front of the goat i installed one on mine
frenchman

Jericho

electric warn 12000 pound winch on GamaGoat

this is a custom front bumper I fabbed for installation of a warn 12000 pound winch, I used the standard mounting bolts as well as the recovery hook holes IMG_0482.jpgIMG_0485.jpgIMG_0488.jpg

Attachments

Jericho

IMG_0207 (2).jpgIMG_0209.jpgIMG_0080.jpgAnd this is my M 931 A2 with a M-750 Expandable trailer I use it for camping, work in progress, and the tractor to tow My goats. on two other trailers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks