• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical box under the cab

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I washed my truck and after I started it again, all my dash gauges were not working and all the lights were on. The alarms were going off too. I have always thought that was a loose connector or something grounding out. So I guess some water got somewhere it should not have. When I was looking for the problem I looked at the box under the cab, on the driver's side. It has 4 big bundles of wires going into it. I thought it was some electrical device and water got in it so I set about to remove it and dry it out.

Well I was wrong! It is just a junction box and it is was a lot of work to get it out. There was no water in there and no problem with it at all. So this is a note to everybody to not worry about the box - just leave it alone. It is well protected against water and nothing in there will wear out.

This is what I am talking about.

IMG_20200229_153318.jpg

Here is the inside:

IMG_20200229_144600.jpg

If you want to open it up and see what's inside, then you do not need to remove it. There are two sliding tabs on the bottom that allow you to open the covers. You slid it to one side or the other to unlock and then the cover will drop down. My cover was filled with sand and so I could not slide the two tabs. I messed with it for a long time and then it was all wasted time.

IMG_20200229_143430.jpg

And here are the tabs on the bottom you need to slide:

IMG_20200229_141439.jpg

Nomadic

Could there be a PCB inside the horizontal aluminum piece? I wonder if it is a controller of some sort.

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Could there be a PCB inside the horizontal aluminum piece? "

It didn't look like it and I was wondering if there was a PCB in there why put it outside when there is room in the cab. I think it is just a junction box.

2000M1070

Would that be the master relay? I have an "inactive" code for the master relay, but I have "active" fault codes for 4 wheel sensors. Anyone know the part number, cost or where to get them and how to replace them? Here's a video of my fault codes.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That’s an abs module. They are made to be mounted outside.
Hi Will, I haven't really done ANY homework - so just a question in passing. You mentioned that being an ABS module. I have what is titled as a M1088a1 tractor. Truck runs great and stops on a dime. The ABS light is on though. Figure that should be addressed... Any tips on where to start looking?

I know I need to read the TM's. Gotta find them and haul them down - but I am hoping for easy. Especially since I have no spare parts to swap to do any real testing...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks