• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical - Bus bar question

jedatide

What is the purpose of the (looks like a grounding wire with a diode) between the positive and the negative bus bars located on the firewall in the engine compartment. Mine is broke in two; but 85 Blazer still runs. Is it for some kind of noise suppression? Anyway, I guess I need to replace it. Anyone know where I can find one? I need to know what it is.

MarcusOReallyus

Shouldn't be. Did GM have one on their civvy models? I don't think so.

Remember, the military has different needs than we do.

Easiest thing is to just remove it. If you install a radio later and find you have some noise, it's easy to pop in another cap to replace it, and it's not at all critical that it be exactly the same thing. Don't stress about it.

cuellar55744

Just bought a 86 1009 running great til lost all power to headlights, dash, break lights, the service switch itself has no power running to it. Anybody have an idea of where i start. Checked fuses in fuse box and all good. Thanks for ANY info on lighting/electrical system.

cuellar55744

Just bought a 86 1009 running great til lost all power to headlights, dash, break lights, the service switch itself has no power running to it. Anybody have an idea of where i start. Checked fuses in fuse box and all good. Thanks for ANY info on lighting/electrical system.

Barrman

Go back to the fuse panel. Wiggle the 3rd fuse up on the far right with the light switch on. You will probably get lights or at least a spark as that fuse burns up.

I just assumed that that you know about the black out light switch. It is on the service light setting, right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks