• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical Connectors for Tail, Marker and Lollipop lights?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't really know what they are called. I thought maybe they were Packard Connectors (the male end) but what I have here in a bag "ain't it". What I am doing is adding a second light on the back of my truck - both sides. Hoping to make up a "Y" off the factory harness, add a few inches of wire, and feed both lights off the original equipment wiring. Without hacking up the harness...

Surely there are the rubber pieces and the metal inside so wiring repairs could be made?

Pictures below:

Light Connector 03.jpg

Light Connector 01.jpg Light Connector 02.jpg Light Connector 04.jpg Light Connector 05.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I don't really know what they are called. I thought maybe they were Packard Connectors (the male end) but what I have here in a bag "ain't it". What I am doing is adding a second light on the back of my truck - both sides. Hoping to make up a "Y" off the factory harness, add a few inches of wire, and feed both lights off the original equipment wiring. Without hacking up the harness...

Surely there are the rubber pieces and the metal inside so wiring repairs could be made?

Pictures below:

View attachment 808569

View attachment 808567 View attachment 808568 View attachment 808570 View attachment 808571
They are right. There is just a rubber piece still stuck in that male end keeping it from plugging in

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
They are right. There is just a rubber piece still stuck in that male end keeping it from plugging in
Wes,

I noticed - with a second look - that it looks a little rusty inside too? This truck came from the "land of salt and slag" and it appears that may be a problem.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I found them in 10-packs at a couple of the often recommended suppliers... Guess I was hoping for some sort of a bulk purchase price rather than a buck thirty-five each + shipping. Silly old me...

Packard Wiring $1.35 Connectors.jpg

charlesmann

The ones in your link are now $42 for 20 (10 each male and female):oops:
Yep, saw that price increase too. I too need to replace at least all the m/f connectors on the front lighting, and figured id order 50+ of each, but i may go with a m/f covered spade or pin style connector instead and just liquid tape them

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks