• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical flickering

Valiant

Out of nowhere I started hearing a "click" sound about every 10 seconds that sounds like it's coming from the EESS box and all the lights flicker with every click. Everything works as far as I know except that the glow plug light and the parking brake light are not coming on. It starts right up and I drove around for an hour without a problem except for the 10 second clicks. I started checking ground wires and cleaned and brushed the engine grounds. Has anybody had this type of problem or any suggestions?

79f250guy

Does your volt meter drop to the yellow also when it clicks? What PCB/EESS do you have? You may meed a new one or a new Glow Plug controller/Temp sensor since no Wait light. There is a ohm test procedure for the controller in TM-9-2320-280-20-1. TM's are your best friend.

Valiant

It has the yellow sticker EESS. Gauges are fine except for the light flickering with the clicks. It's weird because the parking brake light and wait to start lights stopped turning on when the clicking started. The brake light flickers for a second with the clicks

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would bet you your EESS is bad....there is aot of stuff, odd stuff at that, that runs through the box.
only sure way is to swap it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks