• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical issues give me a headache....

Hey Everyone,

I've made two other posts on this problem and everyone has come back with some great ideas and suggestions... Sadly, nothing has worked.... :sad:

Problem; No headlights, tail lights, or rear side marker lights. I have turn signals and brake lights, until I turn on the turn signal, my brake lights go away. The brake lights come back when I turn the turn signal off.

Attempted Solutions; Swapped out the 3 lever light switch with a new NOS one. Same problem. Checked the dimmer switch, appears to functioning correctly. Believing it is a ground loop problem, checked all the grounds/connections. They appear to be good grounds. Checked all the bulbs, they appear to be good also.... aua

Question; Can a bad turn signal module effect my headlights?

Thanks again everyone!!!

Chris...

nattieleather

Check all the grounds. Make sure you have internal/external star washers on all the light bucket bolts. Check the ground on the turn signal module and the grounding on the turn signal arm. Every place there is suppose to be a ground check it! I've been known to sand down to bare metal attach the ground and then repaint to make sure I'm getting good solid contact.

papakb

Check the metal tags on your headlight wiring and see if you haven't got a 91 wire cross-connected to a 17 or 18 on the headlights. 91 is a ground in the harness and if you feed power to it thru the high or low feed it will trip the breaker and give you darkness (originally pioneered by George Lucas in England). The taillights ground through the mounting bolts so if your corrosion free your OK there. If you've disconnected the front and rear harnesses for some reason, did you get them back together without crossing any wires?

KRedd

Try checking the ground on the light assemblies front and rear. We used to call them POLIZEI lights because the would seem to turn each other on and off. All it was, was our ground was bad.

papakb

Just a thought but have you checked the connections on the starter switch? There's a heavy lead from the batteries to that switch and then it gets distributed from there. Maybe corrosion or a loose connection?

Kurt
KG6KMJ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks