• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical outlet receptacle?

Guyfang

Staff member
Guys,

Look at what you have bought, then the plug recpt. Also look at the rear of the recpt. Its a 4 pin recpt, but may only have 2-3 wires hooked to it. The TACOM always tries to use what is in the system. So if you have a need for 2-3 wire plug, and have a 4 pin plug in the system thats what would get used. Look first, before you start planning to not get a light, or hock off the light. I do seem to remember that the T-Light had a Q-disconnect type plug, like the picture. But have not looked at one since the 90's. So my moth eaten brain is not to be relied on.

Remember, know, not assume. Check everything.

Guyfang

Staff member
What got

What got me looking at it was that I have the same cap assembly under my dash- circled and labeled item 20 on this:

View attachment 843924

Which is item 20 on the drawing above... so if you could remove that cap and take a pic, I would be grateful!
Item 20 is a diagnostic plug, if I remember right. Gen sets have the same thing, but the MEP was too cheap to buy the test equipment.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Guys,

Look at what you have bought, then the plug recpt. Also look at the rear of the recpt. Its a 4 pin recpt, but may only have 2-3 wires hooked to it. The TACOM always tries to use what is in the system. So if you have a need for 2-3 wire plug, and have a 4 pin plug in the system thats what would get used. Look first, before you start planning to not get a light, or hock off the light. I do seem to remember that the T-Light had a Q-disconnect type plug, like the picture. But have not looked at one since the 90's. So my moth eaten brain is not to be relied on.

Remember, know, not assume. Check everything.
Thanks for the reality check!
Makes a lot of sense Guy...

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Item 20 is a diagnostic plug, if I remember right. Gen sets have the same thing, but the MEP was too cheap to buy the test equipment.
Not to be argumentative, as you are MUCH more knowledgeable than I about a lot of this, but I'm confused now as the TM doesn't mention a diagnostics port:

Screenshot_20210831-140648_Samsung Notes.jpg

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the large vertical cannon plug is the diagnostic port, guessing around 50 pin, will try to get a photo tonight. I’m guessing item 20 is something different.

The small 4 pin has a single jacketed SOO type cord going straight into the back of it so the conductor count is unknown until I find the other end.

Guyfang

Staff member
Not to be argumentative, as you are MUCH more knowledgeable (no I am not. BUT, spent 20+ years around the Army. In 20 years, you can soak up a lot of useless info.) than I about a lot of this, but I'm confused now as the TM doesn't mention a diagnostics port:

View attachment 843926

The diagnostic system for ALL trucks and generator systems was called STE/ICE, ( Simplified Test Equipment/Internal Combustion Engines) It came out in the 70's, (I think) and lasted until long after I got out. It never worked REAL well. Sometimes it worked, but rarely. And the word "Simplified" was a lie. It was anything but that. IF, people had have read the books in more detail, things might have worked out a little better. But I never met anyone who sang songs of high praise about STE/ICE. On a gen set, that plug would have been labeled J1. Have no idea what its called in the truck wire diagrams. But take a look for STE/ICE.
Open to see comments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 844105
Found these while rooting around on e bay today. I didn’t try searching the description or numbers for better deals though…View attachment 844106
Really is pretty amazing how many options there are for these plugs. Two wire, Four wire and from other conversations - it seems like local motorpools had personal stashes for projects. NEAT to have the NSN numbers for the standard plugs though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks