• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electrical upgrade

benand117

Does anyone know if the electrical connectors on the deuce can be taken apart to upgrade old wiring. And i don't mean the little ribber ones like on the lights. I mean the the screw in ones like on the flasher and the turn signal switch.

steelandcanvas

Sure they can be taken apart, pain in the arse, but they can be taken apart. I can't imagine why you would want to do that though. There are plenty of Mil-Spec splitters and pig-tails to do almost any wiring job you can imagine. I have done several wiring projects on my Deuce and it looks as though they were all done in the motorpool. Here's a link for Mil-Spec parts:

VEHICLE ELECTRICAL PARTS

AN/ARC186

Yes, the threaded metal shell connector bodies can be taken apart in most cases. if the pins and sockets are soldered on you can reuse them, if they are crimped they will need to be replaced. new pins and sockets are available In a lot of cases the rubber inserts are so rotted that it makes more sense to replace the entire connector assembly and yes, the connectors are available.

hope that helps

benand117

I am so dumb. Always read before you post. I have paper versions of all the TMs. just found all of it. I sould just delete this thread. I guess the only thing i need to figure out is which one of those little black rubber connectors goes where. i didn't realize there was like 10 different ones.

steelandcanvas

I am so dumb. Always read before you post. I have paper versions of all the TMs. just found all of it. I sould just delete this thread. I guess the only thing i need to figure out is which one of those little black rubber connectors goes where. i didn't realize there was like 10 different ones.
Anything I can help you with? Would a schematic help?

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No need to delete this thread. Good reading for other members.

Why not post the TM where you found the instructions.

benand117

i dont really know how these numbers work but here it goes. the whole reason i was wondering about this was because i was trying to diagnose some inop turn signals found all that info in TM 9-2320-316-24-1 then in the corner of the page is 001300. i guess that is the WP sequence number. the connector repair is TM 9-2320-361-24-1 WP sequence number 009000.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks