• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electronic Light controller

SSG ALBANESE

I took out the old "3 toggle" light switch and installed the one in the picture. Before I did so I researched issues in doing so and found they wouldnt work due to a grounding issue. The one I got was equiped with a ground so I found a good location for the new ground wire and installed the controller.

Well it worked for about two weeks. Now when I hit select the blue light comes on as normal, then select any of the other buttons the blue light goes on for a second and fades off. No lights on the truck come on.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

SSG ALBANESE

lol GOOD **** ADVICE. I dont wanna jump out of a burning deuce I rather toggle. lol Its coming out this weekend.

Do we know why they are bad in the Deuce but not things like the LMTV or other current trucks using them?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a long technical thread about why they dont work, but it boils down to sensitive electronics dont like "harsh" military electrical systems..

gungearz

Toss it and put the old one back in, there's a reason why they haven't upgraded their equipment. I Don't know why but I'm sure it has to do with cheaper, easier, and safer.

rrrr

Did you ground the unit before you attached the main connector cable ?
This is a must since the wiring is hot and without the ground wire connected first can immediately damage the unit. They are not as tough as the old 3 lever type. I installed one in my M932a1 a month ago with no issues so far. You must turn the lights on after the vehicle is started and shut them off before the vehicle is shut down. This also helps the unit from taking voltage spikes.

I think the cool factor is high. I do keep a spare 3 lever switch on hand though :)

I will be installing one in my deuce as well with a spare kept close in hand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks