• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electronic master vehicle switch question???

socalrider2005

Have a Hmmwv daily driver and my brothers gets in it to take it home for me, forgot to tell him but as he parked turns out he powered through the unlock on my headlight switch and broke the top lever. Now it just spins freely and it’s useless lol. So I have an electronic push button one that’s second gen with grounding wire, I know it’s got a rep for burning up and possibly hurting the truck, but it is pretty **** cool. Was wondering, if the switch has its power from the ignition switch then in off position should be nice and safe, and if it’s got a battery lead always getting current from battery, can I just put a disable link somewhere so it will pop before it dries my wire harness??? Use this switch but still be more safe than sorry ya know?

suzukovich

Cool to have but not designed for the Humvee. Common in 5t and FMTVs Get another of the manual switch.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

papakb

The electronic switch does have a cool factor to it but consider that the three lever switch can be operated by touch and after years I still have to look at the electronic switch to operate it.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who makes the switch?

Narton makes a push button with extra deep face that fits the hmmwv perfectly with no modifications to dash panel. The original has a shallow face. I believe it is the newest current generation and manufacture. I have pictures of it in my thread.

socalrider2005

It’s the esterline 00117 I saw the tabs yesterday they are a tone.bit longer I have no problem trimming them on the inside I’ll even straight ground this to the battery to be safe, it’s the short issue I’m freakin out about, would a fuse before the switch work? If so what is the main power line on the plug?

dohabandit

I installed one of these switches about 10 years ago. I am thinking now it might be a good idea to install a fuse on the +24v lead. Anyone have any more details on them burning up? How often has this occurred?

DatGuyC

It’s the esterline 00117 I saw the tabs yesterday they are a tone.bit longer I have no problem trimming them on the inside I’ll even straight ground this to the battery to be safe, it’s the short issue I’m freakin out about, would a fuse before the switch work? If so what is the main power line on the plug?
If its a 9375-00117 then its the first generation switch known for burning up trucks, the 2nd(3rd) generation is 9375-00311.

https://www.esterline.com/Portals/13/Literature/Literature/DS_MVLS_G3_Letter.pdf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks