• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electronic Technical Manuals Online

Jones

A word to the wise; for all to consider...
LOGSA has a password requirement and a right of use agreement which you must complete stating that you're active military, with the government (ours), or a defense contractor with a need to know. Once logged in, you can access a lot info but some of it is restricted. Just be careful; these guys don't have much of a sense of humor if you're spotted surfing around where they don't think you belong. I use them when on duty at the NG but I'm still nervous about going there from my home computer. No need to spoil your day talking to a bunch of suits and sunglasses types.
That said, a source for hard copies of manuals would be very welcome as it's nice to work on your rig and not have to drag your laptop around under your truck with you. Most of us guys prefer a book you can leaf through.

mangus580

Jones, anyone can view the public release TM's without a login username/password.

Also for what its worth, our collection of TM's here on the site is continuing to grow. I am hoping to make some adjustments to the section soon that will allow easier searching.

Again I say anyone that has PDF TM's!!! UPLOAD away!!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the risk of spoiling it, I spoke with one of the LOGSA administrators and they are not happy with finding the things they list/file as "restricted" posted for download somewhere on the WWW. There are people actually assigned to look for these things. As you can imagine they are overwhelmed with the task, but don't invite a nasty e-mail or worse. Most of us are collecting the old vehicles, and some are putting the old radio gear in them too. Most people don't know if a manual is restricted or not. The LOGSA person told me that they don't care about people looking at the site and that one way to tell is to look at the file's URL on LOGSA. If it has an "A" in it, it's fair game. B, C, and D cannot be downloaded, and if you have a copy of one of those, please don't post it. On the other hand, there are alot of restricted manuals there covering downright obsolete junk, as far as warfighting is concerned. It is not against the law to have a copy, after all, they've come out of DRMO for years and you buy from a delaer in good faith, not your responsibility. Try the FOIA, maybe to get a copy. good luck on that!

mangus580

Dont the 'cover' pages of the TMs state "for public release" on them? I have been sure to verify any that we upload here....

Jones

Right Mike. Anything for "public distribution" is fair game.
Sometimes the problem, and confusion, is the "blanket restriction". i.e. A genset is no big deal; but if used to power classified radar equipment, it may fall under the radar's level of classification.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks