• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Elephant Butte Luminaria Tour

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds good, I will shoot Dennis a text and see if he will be there too. We will meet you at Elephant Butte Inn. We are going to head up Friday and I think camp over on rattle snake island if anyone else wants to come hang out before hand.

Dukeman

Okay, let me know what Dennis says. I got some more info from the Chamber of Commerce yesterday. They will dig the fire pit for us with a back hoe Saturday morning, so I will get over there to the site and figure out where we want it. Also we are supposed to be at the sites by 4:00 because they will have luminarias waiting for us that we will need to set up and have lit at around 4:30. We will be bringing a table to set up goodies on. Also a big coffee pot and cups. Does anyone have a big camp stove they could bring that we could use to boil water for hot chocolate? I will also have a shade structure we can set up, not that we will need it but we can decorate with lights, etc and make it look nice. So bring DECORATIONS! Lights, bows, Christmas stuff, you know what I mean. We will have a couple generators, some extension cords might be good too. Will anyone volunteer to make a sign, STEEL SOLDIERS SOUTHWEST, to tell visitors who we are, or just put it on a big coffee can or something that we can use to accept donations? Nothing fancy, but it is nice to let people know. Okay, so here is the list I just put out there:

Camp stove and way to make hot chocolate
Decorations
Extension cords
Sign or coffee can for donations

Hopefully we will have plenty of wood. Last year some people had some dang big bon fires and it was pretty cool.

Oh, and there is a big party after the boat parade at the Butte Inn for those that are interested. They give out awards and stuff. Of course everyone that participates gets an award.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rick

Last edited:

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Texted Dennis and he said he will be there. Rich, Powell, and I are going to bring

Firewood
1-75 ft extension cord (will try and scrounge up a few more)
Will try and bring extra lights
2- Generators

Also here in about 30 minutes when my shop class starts I will see if I have enough material to build a sign. I sort of don't think I do, but will post back what I find. If my darn plasma cam wasn't down, I could make us a really nice sign with pictures.

Last edited:

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok I checked my shop, and dont have enough sheet metal laying around to make a sign and I don't have a coffee can either. It would be sort of cool to use an ammo can for the donations to go in.

Dukeman

That's okay, we will figure something out. I like the ammo can idea. I will see if I can scrounge one up in the hood here. I borrowed my brother's big coffee pot last night so we can use that.

NMSMITTY

Found the posting. Sgt. Jack will be present and accounted for! Will have our 10 x 20 easy-up and my generator also. At this point will bring the trailer and have a virtual Santa in it and perhaps a few yard blow ups.

Dukeman

The Luminaria Tour was great fun. Huge thanks to the Searls Bros, Dennis and his crew, Rich and all the rest. We had a great showing and lots of people stopped by to donate to Make A Wish. We raised over $200 just at our camp by selling cookies and brownies. The ladies baked up a monstrous pile of fantastic deserts. I think over all there must have been 2,000 people at the event. There were about 30 camp hosts with everything from Green Chili Stew, pasole, taco stew that was yummy and of course frito pie and lots of deserts. Hopefully there was a lot of money made to donate to the charity. We even had a visit from Santa. Thanks everyone for a great weekend! I'm sure we will be invited back next year!

DSC07752.jpgDSC07770.jpgDSC07772.jpg

Dukeman

We won 1st place for money raised by a single host, $231. And we won 2nd place for overall best Host site. I had a blast and will definitely be on for next year, hopefully bigger and better. The spot they gave us could have fit 50 trucks.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Butte.jpg

X2 Lot's of fun. Cool that we were 1st in fundraising. Thanks to all that made this possible. Here's a pic of my deuce from Sunday morning, with the Ferrell and Powell camp inthe background. My cousin's kid is driving and a friend of his is along for the ride.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks