• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

emergency air connection

groundog

:driver:on my 915A1 i get air from the emergency connection on the front but not the rear---suggestions?yes the valve is open but still no air from the rear---

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Valves are backwards. :p Trace it back to the source. maybe it's been plugged or pinched.

KsM715

Did it have a cover on it when you picked it up? Mud daubers (wasp like bee's) may have clogged it up. If you have them in AZ.

*edit* Just to satisfy my curiousity, you do know that some of theMil valves are backwards from the civy counterpart. (handle inline with the airline is closed)

3dAngus

I had the same problem, came on here and reported, and was told to look for dirt dobbers clogging up the holes too. Sure enough, there was mud in there. I got a screwdriver and scraped it out, and the air was just a flowing. I almost couldn't believe it, except a SSer was the source. Cool stuff.

groundog

at the glad hand----yes ---you are right about valves being backwards---but still no luck----I am going to remove air line from glad hand and check for air and if no luck I guess its under the truck I go and follow lines---glad I discovered this ahead of time

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the 915's, you have to apply the trailer air valve for service/emergency air to be supplied to the rear glad hands.

Danl

Danl M915A1 case farm tractor

Ok on the m915 driving with no trailer and all air conect sealed, or caped off . how or whats the best way to run the trailer brake valve, trailer brake on or off?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ok on the m915 driving with no trailer and all air conect sealed, or caped off . how or whats the best way to run the trailer brake valve, trailer brake on or off?
THE -10 will have the answer to this SIMPLE truck operation QUESTION

groundog

:driver:PRETTY SURE I TRIED WITH BRAKES OFF AND TRAILER BRAKE VALVE ENGAGED BUT WILL TRY AGAIN--I KNOW ON MY 931 I HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST 85-90 LBS AIR TO MAKE TRAILER BRAKES WORK---THANKS FOR ALL ADVICE---EACH NEW TRUCK IS A LEARNING PROCESS