• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Emergency! Part needed

Flea

Does anyone have the bolt that holds down the oil filter canister? Mine sheared off today and I lost about 4 gallons of oil on the way home. I had to get my wife to come pull me home with a chain! Of course no where around here has the bolt, so can anyone point me in the right direction?

vtdeucedriver

Craig, Let me look, but I dont think I have any Oil canisters, I know I got fuel tho........................sorry from Knoxville.

Flea

Clinto:

Nope, mine actually sheared along the threads. This is really the side-effect of problem with the gaskets from Wix. They wouldn't seal properly, and I think Pvt. Fixer may have once over-tightened the bolts and stretched it to it's breaking point prior to my oil change.

alphadeltaromeo

PM me if you want a free one and haven't already gotten one. I can have it expressed to you first thing tomorrow...but I need a PM to confirm.

Andy

Flea

Yeah, I've gotten the bottom part out without any trouble, thankfully. Doesn't seem like the engine suffered any damage; I was able to shut it down before the oil drained completely.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Emergency! Part needed

Flea said:
Clinto:

Nope, mine actually sheared along the threads. This is really the side-effect of problem with the gaskets from Wix. They wouldn't seal properly, and I think Pvt. Fixer may have once over-tightened the bolts and stretched it to it's breaking point prior to my oil change.

Wow!!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Emergency! Part needed

4 gallons is about 2-3 quarts short of empty, I sure hope you didn't hurt her.........

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Emergency! Part needed

That really stinks! And from noe on when I change the filters, I will always be thinking of this. What is the proper torque for these bolts?

Flea

Re: RE: Re: RE: Emergency! Part needed

FMJ said:
4 gallons is about 2-3 quarts short of empty, I sure hope you didn't hurt her.........
She had 22 quarts, so 5 1/2 gallons... the oil line following puking her guts was right above the "Add" line. Also, the 4 gal. is just an estimate. All I know is it looked like the black death of my multi. :shock:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Emergency! Part needed

The gasket problem can bite hard there are two types of gaskets and you can accually put a filer in with both kinds of them by mistake and then it will leak so you keep tightening and snap. I almost broke one of mine that way

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Emergency! Part needed

actually,the add line is a gallon I think.So you still had plenty of oil in there.3-4 gallons depending on how accurate your conclusion of the true oil level was and the accuracy of the dipstick....that was made by the lowest bidder.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks