• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Emergency pickup at Nellis, NV by Friday 10-1

whiskey yankee

:oops:

All,

I've gotten into a severe bind: I engaged a shipper to pick up a M35A2 and a M35A3 that I bought from GL at Nellis AFB by the first of October. He has had a logistics failure and is unable to pick up by the deadline. As many of you know, if these trucks don't leave GL by the end of the day Friday, I lose them (but still get to pay for them, natch).

***BIG ASK: Is there anyone local to Nellis who would like to pick these up and hold on to them for < 14 days while my shipper gets his act together?***

Please, if there's any chance you can do this or if you can share any good intel with me, PM me ASAP. Both of these trucks are runners according to the gentleman at GL-Nellis (Jorrie).

Whiskey Yankee

Jimma

I am sorry to hear of your problem. I hope one of the guys on here can help you out. Several members sure have helped me in recent months get trucks and trailers off of bases here in GA and in SC. Good luck, I hope someone comes to the resucue.

whiskey yankee

Thanks so much for all replies. This site is full of good folks :smile:

I've cajoled my GL representative into a favorable arrangement that I think will solve my problem. They may take a darned long time to do paperwork but if you chat with them for a minute they're all good people.

The advice about local towing options was very welcome; I'm researching a couple options along that line as my fallback plan.

I will keep you concerned souls notified as to my progress but with a little luck I might be out of the woods. Let this be a valuable lesson to GL bidders: have some escape options ready!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks