• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

emergency shut off switch

sparky1

because so many posts on here have to do with electrical problems and people cant react soon enough to burning wires and run away starters.i have a very low cost solution.make a dummy connector that could be plugged into the the jump start receptacle on the passenger side of the grill thus connecting + AND -.wire the ends into the batteries.situation arises simply jump out pull the dummy plug and kill battery power.no more looking for tools or burning hands on battery terminals.just an idea what do you think.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please try to capitalize when you post, it make it much easier to read and understand.

It's also a rule.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sparky1, what you need is a solenoid in the B+ line that disconnects the batteries to the truck, controlled with either with a separate switch, or the ignition switch. I have one in the 12 volt supply on my M915A2 because the tachograph and other drains kill the batteries if the truck is not operated regularly. This is common on aircraft, all have a master solenoid that enables you to disconnect the battery in the event of a electrical system malfunction, or when the aircraft is parked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks