• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Emissions tests and dyno numbers

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MG,
First and foremost, I'd like to apologize to you for anything I've said.

I've just had a really bad day and took it out on you.

MY APOLOGIES.

And no, I don't have any info.

As I said. This is an emissions test.

I did not take my truck some place and just put it on a dyno for informational purposes.

This is strictly because the state of Colorado requires emissions tests if you live in certain counties (don't EVEN get me started about that one).

I've been using the guy at DIESELS ONLY (a shameless plug - mods feel free to censor any or all) for years and years. They have run emission tests on every MV truck I've owned over the past few years.

I generally don't even care about the numbers, but I'd always been curious. I forgot to ask about the numbers on the M1028A2 last year when I got it back for it's first test. Can't say why.

And again, it seems the only number you are questions is the 450 ft/lb torque number. Can't help you. Other than every other spec the guy gave me seems well within range of this particular set of vehicles (90 - 110 hp and 225 ft/lbs of torque).

Now, if you'd like to pay for a set of dyno runs, sure, I'd gladly do so. But for me? Once a year is more than enough. Especially times three trucks. AND the state has tripled the license plates renewal fees this year. Again, times three trucks.

zout

Wallew - not to take this thread any other direction or attempt to look into some hidding meaning - there is NONE.

A simple question - is the system he uses have a blowby test done while it is running - or was it not this type of dyno run at the diesel shop ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks