• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EMP and the MEP 005 ( electro maginetic pulse )

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please do not turn this thread into an EMP thread. The mods (me) will delete it.

Keep it about the 005a or other gensets and everything will be fine.

Speddmon may have the answer. He is our resident GenSet guy.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're pretty new around the site, so you should know up front that we don't tolerate Zombie/end of world/prepper threads very well. And I'm not trying to say that is what you had in mind with the thread at all. Just putting the warning out there for you and everybody else.

On to your original question. The MEP-005a generator uses conventional components in the electronic portions of the regulators and safety circuitry. And those components are inside of well grounded metal fully enclosed boxes. So I would say that the generator would be relatively well protected from an EMP. If it had processor, TTL or CMOS based electronic components I would be way more leery of EMP issues, but as old as the design is they should be safe.

Rickety Bones

You're pretty new around the site, so you should know up front that we don't tolerate Zombie/end of world/prepper threads very well. And I'm not trying to say that is what you had in mind with the thread at all. Just putting the warning out there for you and everybody else.

On to your original question. The MEP-005a generator uses conventional components in the electronic portions of the regulators and safety circuitry. And those components are inside of well grounded metal fully enclosed boxes. So I would say that the generator would be relatively well protected from an EMP. If it had processor, TTL or CMOS based electronic components I would be way more leery of EMP issues, but as old as the design is they should be safe.
Thanks had a customer ask me and I didnt have the answer, thats all the info i need, this thread can be closed if you like

Thanks