• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Empty M1101 coming from Robins Georigia to Asheville NC

drivebymashing

Empty M1101 coming from AFB Robins Georgia April 12th To Asheville NC area. If you have anything small enough that will fit. Ill bring it in the trailer for a little fuel money.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Once you get thru the security forces, it is a breeze; unless you are loading 7 pallets ammo cans in a enclosed rental trailer in June during the midday heat. Recovering a M1101 should be just a nice drive down & back with cool hubs & 15 psi in the tires!

drivebymashing

Both tires were flat. Security was a pain took over an hour. I brought a 12 volt compressor along aired up fine towed easily with a ford ranger. It was a huge area I couldnt hardly find my way out.

FloridaAKM

WRAFB is large & security should have given you a pre printed map to the DERMO area, but try to find your way around Ft Stewart when you have never been there before. I spent over an hour just driving thru the place looking for the DLA lot, but it was the best hour just looking @ all of the green & tan iron of every shape & type. The air compressor was a life saver, but if you didn't have it, there is a gas station on you way inside the base to get air or fuel.

drivebymashing

The tires have held air for a week now. Not sure why they leaked down. A m1101 doesnt pull well after sitting for a long time with flat tires. I didnt get a map there was a military vehicle accident as I was leaving an ambulance came blocked both sides of the road. Looked like a Hemtt and a fmtv hit somehow. I love going on the bases . So far Warner robins , Camp Lejeune and Fort Bragg so far.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My son had fun reading me the directions once past security at Warner Robins. After being there once, I think the directions could be simplified to: "find the water tower, go one block east and head south".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks