• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

endt mack, starter stuck engaged

Moremph

Went to start the truck for the first time in maybe a month starter stuck cranking, had to break the battery cable off to get it to quit. Tried to hook it back up and it is still engaged, Tried tapping the starter with a hammer still staying on,

Any ideas?
Switch
Starter?
is thier a relay somewhere?

Thanks Travis

Bighurt

Went to start the truck for the first time in maybe a month starter stuck cranking, had to break the battery cable off to get it to quit. Tried to hook it back up and it is still engaged, Tried tapping the starter with a hammer still staying on,

Any ideas?
Switch
Starter?
is thier a relay somewhere?

Thanks Travis
Sounds like the solinoid is stuck in the closed position. By this I mean it's not releasing the plunger. Thus continuing to engage the starter. I'm not sure but I'd have to guess these trucks use a reduction starter.

For which I have to solutions.

AMGeneral

OK 3 possible things to check here,

Starter switch on the dash,for some reason Mack powered trucks have a problem with arcing the starter switch in the closed position.

#2 the firewall mounted soleniod switch,it will probably be on the left side(drivers) just above where the fender passes under the cab,make sure it's not arced itself closed.

#3 the starter itself,bad solenoid or starter drive.

If none of the above work,just deliver the truck to Bethel Rd,Morganton,NC 28655 and i'll take it off your hands :mrgreen:

laserlee123

Disd you figure your starter run on problem, Today I went to start my super cold m820 with nhc250 engine, the starter kept turning, and I too had to disconect batteries, this is after I shut off both dash switches, whats causing it:? Starter solenoid?