• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine and/or Transmission Problems

dodgemain

Hi, Over the past few weekends I have been working on retrievinga M932A2. Last weekend I finally got it running after doing a bunch of PM work(fluids, filters, fuel, and etc). The truck seems like it does not have much power.It had sunk into the ground a little after sitting for an unknown number ofyears. At full throttle (about 2000 rpm) it would not pull itself out. After aminute or two at 1500 rpm’s it finally pulled itself out of the ruts. It’s beenawhile since driving my M929A2. Is 2000 rpm’s the max for an A2? The truckrolls easily so I know the brakes are not locked up. I took it for a shortdrive and the transmission shifted a few times. But, when I would floor it notmuch would happen. Do you think this is a transmission problem or should I still be looking into an engine problem? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MtnSnow

I assume you have double checked fluid levels for the trans? What fluid did/do you have in the trans? Does the motor smoke excessively compared to others like it?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Did you check the transmission fluid level with the engine running and in neutral? 2100 rpms is stock rev limit. Do you hear the turbo spooling? How does it sound when running? If it's running and the turbo is spooling it sounds like you may be misfiring on one or more cylinders. If it sat for a long period I wonder if the injectors are not opening properly. Did you drain the fuel tank, filter canister and lines and put fresh fuel in? You could have water in the tank it lines. You can try running through some sea foam in the tank. Is there any blowby coming out of the crankcase drain tube?
Will

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks